My Day - June 5

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Today is election day in my city - Council-at-Large. 3 seats up for grabs - 3 running unopposed. In my Ward, the appointed Councilman has to run for the remaining 2 years on his term - unopposed. To me, it says our Council is doing a good job and they are. I am City Clerk, so I have been up since 4 AM. One of my poll workers was in the hospital so I had to enlist DH as a poll worker. Then I had a call that a rep from the Sec of State's office was going to come observe our election.
After I took the ballot boxes around and put up the No Politicing signs for all my Wards, I went home to wait for the Rep. While I waited for her, I did 2 loads of laundry, roasted coffee for the man who covered for me at Chapel Saturday, and then when she said she would be late, I delivered the pretzels and mixed up some herb bread. What can I say - I am pretty much stuck here at the house or visiting polls.
When she came I took her to 3 of my polls (she said she had observed enough so the 4th Ward escaped a visit) and after my poll workers & I had been telling her about the City, I took her on a quick tour. She left VERY impressed with what we do here. Then I got another call from FHLB for a photo of the innkeeper &/or employees so I sent one a guest had sent us of the two of us on the back deck as her biker husband suited up and I also sent the one of JB & me toasting w/Gillum House mugs - and I did an ID of the VA inn.
Just passed out the checks for my poll workers and when I picked up the checks found out I was the current VP of the Development Authority (we of the nominating committee had forgotten who was VP). Now I just have to wait until 7:30 PM to go pick up the ballot boxes and be done with June 5. BTW - I DO NOT WANT to trade days with any of you. My day has been a walk in the park compared to yours!

I made 2 pillow shams and recovered a throw pillow using floral napkins that no longer go with my dining room decor. I'm set up to do 3 more pillow shams and 3 more throw pillows tomorrow. Altho, the sky has cleared up and the sun is out so I might not confine myself to the attic tomorrow!

Had quiet a casual day yesterday got in some watching of the jubilee stuff! Should have done more rooms as my chamber maid was off but slacked off!

Back