My day just went straight to he!! in a handbasket.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
I planned my day out perfectly in order to make it to my Nephews graduation this afternoon at 4pm. My formerly half naked house keeper showed up right on time and more appropriately dressed. Rooms got done on time, check ins all confirmed for arrival between 2 - 3 pm. Perfect. Just enought time for me to get them settled, quick shower and drive to the graduation.
The phone just rang. My cottage guests who are traveling with a dog were to be here at 3pm. Their car broke down and now are not coming until sometime tonight.
cry_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif

Your nephews graduation is very important. Can you leave them a nice little note with key or door code and tell them you will see them in the morning. ?

What about a self check in for them... Sure this is not their fault, but due to the circumstances I am sure they would be very understanding. Give them a call and tell them. Get a nice welcome letter with directions to the cabin (if needed), and anything else you typically tell them at check in. I think they may even find it less stressful on them as they will not feel like they are holding you up.
Side note - I had not read your posting about the house keeper, now I am going to it next!
whattha.gif

If they were not traveling with a dog, I could do that. Unfortuately, our insurance require guests traveling with a pet to read and sign a pet acceptance contract upon arrival.

You can leave that as well, and tell them to please sign and you will pick it up in morning? Good luck

Tell them they are welcome to check in AFTER xx time. I know I am late with this - was in a training session all morning. Even I tell mey guests they must arrive before or after xx as I have a committment. I did that election day with a 2-nighter and everyone was happy.

NO!!!! Don't miss out on life...leave them a note and the waiver to sign. I wish I lived closer FD I would race over there to lend a hand.

NO!!!! Don't miss out on life...leave them a note and the waiver to sign. I wish I lived closer FD I would race over there to lend a hand..
Joey Bloggs said:
NO!!!! Don't miss out on life...leave them a note and the waiver to sign. I wish I lived closer FD I would race over there to lend a hand.
Ditto.
Hope you are at your nephew's graduation even as we speak.

NO!!!! Don't miss out on life...leave them a note and the waiver to sign. I wish I lived closer FD I would race over there to lend a hand..
Joey Bloggs said:
Ditto.
Innkeeper To Go said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Ditto.
Funny how things work out. The guests came in around 6:30 and I made the tail end of the celebration party. Turns out the graduation was in a field, in the heat of the day out in full sun.
The parents are burnt to a crisp. My SIL wore a strapless gown and a necklace with a large round pendant. She has a perfect burn of the gownline, necklace and pendant. So at the end of the day, I'm glad I missed out on that, but was able to see it all on tape.

Joey Bloggs said:
Ditto.
Innkeeper To Go said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Ditto.
Funny how things work out. The guests came in around 6:30 and I made the tail end of the celebration party. Turns out the graduation was in a field, in the heat of the day out in full sun.
The parents are burnt to a crisp. My SIL wore a strapless gown and a necklace with a large round pendant. She has a perfect burn of the gownline, necklace and pendant. So at the end of the day, I'm glad I missed out on that, but was able to see it all on tape.
The Farmers Daughter said:
Another win for destiny.

Back