My family could use some shiney knees

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
Just got a phone call from my sister. My mother passed away this afternoon at the age of 87. She had been ill for years and in a nursing home. I'm fine, but my sister is the one who feels like she has to handle everything and generally gets into a frazzle. Just keep her in your thoughts.
I hope my mother is finally at peace. She suffered from some form of mental illness and physical illness most of her life. She wasn't a good mother by any standards and it's very sad that her life was what it was.
I'm not grieving, because if anything this will be closure for me and my siblings. It was never a happy or loving place in my home but we fortunately, came to have our own lives that have been both happy and productive.

How sad, hopefully she will find herself in a far better place. Our best wishes to you and your family!

PT, you and your family are in good hands. It will be taken care of momentarily. May you and your entire family find peace.
May you find peace as you obviously understand that illness creates situations that are less than desireable. Even in the best of circumstances parents never seem to measure up to whatever the "normal" family is supposed to be. It is good that you and your siblings made good lives - going through adversity has a way of making and breaking people - sounds like you made it.
That said, please accept my condolences.

Sorry to hear about your loss but as you say it was bittersweet and does bring some closure for your family.

My prayers and sympathy to you and your family. May you find comfort in knowing she is in a better place.

No matter what, she was your mom, and you will be rethinking many memories and thoughts about your life and your family. All the best to you and yours PT.
"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed" Booker T Washington.

No matter what, she was your mom, and you will be rethinking many memories and thoughts about your life and your family. All the best to you and yours PT.
"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed" Booker T Washington..
PT, Can't offer much beyond the very eloquent and touching things already said, but you have my deepest condolences and support. I'm really sorry for your loss.

PT, so very sorry for your loss. Hope you and your siblings can pull together and get each other through it. It's never easy.

PT, So sorry to hear for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family that you might find peace, comfort, and closure during this trying time and in the days to come.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mom and the turmoil in your family. Here's hope for peace.

((((
heart.gif
))))

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. It's always difficult to lose a parent and have to offer support to others in the family who might be experiencing the loss in a profound way. All best wishes for you and yours as you go through this difficult time and most sincere condolences.

Our best thoughts to you and your family. May you all find peace.
RIki

Back