My FAVORITE way to clean!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Pressure washing time baby! Patio furniture, brick walkways, and some of the siding on the house. I wish I could take this thing everywhere...kitchen, bathroom, can you imagine??? If only cleaning everything were this easy and effective.

hahahahahahaha! You are after my own heart. Long have I dreamed of guest rooms with washable furnishings and a drain in each floor.....*sigh*

Yeah...gotta love it..but...caution...too high pressure can really tear things up and destroy finishes.

In the 60's when I lived in the far east our bathroom was all tile with a mid size drain in the middle of the floor. The maid came everyday and cleaned all ,but the bath she scrubbed down ,then filled buckets of water and threw that all over the bath.Always thought how easy all bathrooms would be to clean this way.Other placed in the world have baths this way but not in the U.S.A. .Why? ...cost ?... Mary in Bridgewater,Va.

It is required by code in some parts of the world for bathrooms, toilets and laundry rooms.

hahahahahahaha! You are after my own heart. Long have I dreamed of guest rooms with washable furnishings and a drain in each floor.....*sigh*.
The Farmers Daughter said:
hahahahahahaha! You are after my own heart. Long have I dreamed of guest rooms with washable furnishings and a drain in each floor.....*sigh*
They have that......at the zoo.

In the 60's when I lived in the far east our bathroom was all tile with a mid size drain in the middle of the floor. The maid came everyday and cleaned all ,but the bath she scrubbed down ,then filled buckets of water and threw that all over the bath.Always thought how easy all bathrooms would be to clean this way.Other placed in the world have baths this way but not in the U.S.A. .Why? ...cost ?... Mary in Bridgewater,Va..
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
In the 60's when I lived in the far east our bathroom was all tile with a mid size drain in the middle of the floor. The maid came everyday and cleaned all ,but the bath she scrubbed down ,then filled buckets of water and threw that all over the bath.Always thought how easy all bathrooms would be to clean this way.Other placed in the world have baths this way but not in the U.S.A. .Why? ...cost ?... Mary in Bridgewater,Va.
I'm not sure why wet rooms aren't big in North America.
I just hope no one here still has carpet in their bathrooms.

I once stayed at a BnB in London where the washroom was carpeted, all the way up the side of the tub as well.. It was pretty creepy. She had one guest room and we were served breakfast in the hallway. A really sweet lady though, she brought us cookies and tea when we arrived :)

Back