My first gluten free guest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
Hi there,
I will be serving my first gluten free guest later this month. I am assuming I'll be safe with my herb scrambled eggs but see that I will have to check my herbed cream cheese I put in it.
Also, since my bacon is farm fresh and organic I'm assuming that is okay as well or should I ask the butcher?
I'm concerned about the preservatives that they say I should avoid. I don't think there is any in the bacon since it's from a local farm but may ask just in case.
Riki

You should be fine with Bacon .. it is usually the fillers in some sausages that you have to watch out for. Same with fillers in some syrups.
Good luck .... I remember DW trying lots of gluten free baked goods out on me ... usually I enjoy my job as "test stomach", but some of those gluten free trials were not that pleasant.

You should be fine with Bacon .. it is usually the fillers in some sausages that you have to watch out for. Same with fillers in some syrups.
Good luck .... I remember DW trying lots of gluten free baked goods out on me ... usually I enjoy my job as "test stomach", but some of those gluten free trials were not that pleasant..
Thanks - our sausage is from a local farmer too - I should ask if they put any filler in them just to know.
I have a recipe for a gluten free blueberry muffin I'm going to try. We always do a fruit course first so that is probably okay - there is nothing in honey or cinnamon that would hurt them is there? I know the fruit is okay.
RIki

I don't know what food you serve but you have to be careful of gravy (Gluton is in flour products) so you have to watch out for anything that has thickners in ie baking power, corn flower etc. They can eat anything that is plane ie plane chicken no gravy, eggs, bacon, If you put into google gluten alergy you can find all the info you could possibly want. I made up a folder for my other half as he was a restaurant manager of all the main allergies and what they could and couldn't have but I think he has lost it.

Good luck .... I remember DW trying lots of gluten free baked goods out on me ... usually I enjoy my job as "test stomach", but some of those gluten free trials were not that pleasant..
Thanks - our sausage is from a local farmer too - I should ask if they put any filler in them just to know.
I have a recipe for a gluten free blueberry muffin I'm going to try. We always do a fruit course first so that is probably okay - there is nothing in honey or cinnamon that would hurt them is there? I know the fruit is okay.
RIki
Check out this site: I also think there is a peanut butter cookie recipe somewhere here on the site that is really good.
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/

I don't know what food you serve but you have to be careful of gravy (Gluton is in flour products) so you have to watch out for anything that has thickners in ie baking power, corn flower etc. They can eat anything that is plane ie plane chicken no gravy, eggs, bacon, If you put into google gluten alergy you can find all the info you could possibly want. I made up a folder for my other half as he was a restaurant manager of all the main allergies and what they could and couldn't have but I think he has lost it..
They are only here for one night so I'm going to do our country breakfast which is herb scrambled eggs, local bacon, and rosemary roasted potatoes with truffle olive oil. I think all that is safe.
Am going to try a gluten free cookie recipe and a muffin recipe just for giggles. I have a Whole Foods here and a good organic store so should be able to find the couple of special ingredients.
RIki

I don't know what food you serve but you have to be careful of gravy (Gluton is in flour products) so you have to watch out for anything that has thickners in ie baking power, corn flower etc. They can eat anything that is plane ie plane chicken no gravy, eggs, bacon, If you put into google gluten alergy you can find all the info you could possibly want. I made up a folder for my other half as he was a restaurant manager of all the main allergies and what they could and couldn't have but I think he has lost it..
They are only here for one night so I'm going to do our country breakfast which is herb scrambled eggs, local bacon, and rosemary roasted potatoes with truffle olive oil. I think all that is safe.
Am going to try a gluten free cookie recipe and a muffin recipe just for giggles. I have a Whole Foods here and a good organic store so should be able to find the couple of special ingredients.
RIki
There is an all-purpose gluten-free mix that can be used in breads, muffins, etc. I think it is a Red Mill brand product.

RIki
Pamela's baking mix is gluten-free and has variations for cookies, muffins, pancakes and waffles on the package. It's a good product which I feed to everybody when I have a gluten-free breakfast to do.

RIki
Pamela's baking mix is gluten-free and has variations for cookies, muffins, pancakes and waffles on the package. It's a good product which I feed to everybody when I have a gluten-free breakfast to do.
Many thanks! I'll check it out!!
Riki

RIki
Your breakfast sounds lush!

Back