My Jaw Dropped!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Okay, so today I went to the TA Master Class (I'll talk about that more another time...) and the last man to talk was from one of the local hotels and he started talking about his bounce rate. I check my bounce rate all the time on Google Analytics. Well, he showed us the hotels bounce rate and my jaw dropped! And then he said "anything under 40% bounce is considered good". I was in shock. I've never seen numbers that high and frankly, I dropped some sights because of their high bounce rate... which by his numbers were shockingly good.
So maybe it's me... are you getting numbers for bounce over 30%? Or is this just a hotel thing?

Overall bounce rate? 35%. HOWEVER, I have certain pages (2 of them) with an almost 100% bounce rate, so it averages out. Home page bounce rate? 20%.
The lowest bounce rate came from clicks from Yelp. 0%. Next was TA- under 5%. Highy targeted clickers at that point I guess.
Not sure what a 'good' bounce rate should be. And, not sure if guests are just going to the home page for the phone number, immediately calling me and then leaving.

I've been told that for an effective site it's about 40%..
That's what they were telling me. I guess my bounce rate has been fantastic and I didn't even know it.
That's great! Care to share what your rate is? If I remember right Proud Texan has also gotten his way down.
Breakfast Diva said:
That's great! Care to share what your rate is? If I remember right Proud Texan has also gotten his way down.
Our bounce rate stays under 13%. The key is to have relevant information on your landing page. If visitors come to your page and you're not what they're looking for, they quickly move on a.k.a. "bounce".

Back