'My K-cup' problem

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
So, we got the Keurig and to save on using all the K-cups Gomez bought himself one of those units you pack with your own coffee. It doesn't fit in the machine! Keurig machine, Keurig filter cup and the handle won't close down. We both tried it, follwoing the directions and it doesn't work. Called the number on the instructions- phone number disconnected. Called the number on the machine directions and were on hold for 20 mins.
So, any ideas?
A couple of help websites had people posting the same issue, but no one seems to have a solution. Lots of solutions for other problesm, but I'm never going to get that far!

You have to take out the part that the k cups go into. It pops out!.
aieechihuahua said:
You have to take out the part that the k cups go into. It pops out!
Yeah, we're both engineers, we figured that part out.
wink_smile.gif

That's not the problem...

OMG I thought you were talking about a bra! K cups would be a problem.
wink_smile.gif

aieechihuahua said:
wink_smile.gif

Don't know what to say. Mine fits. Hope you figure it out.
What we're thinking is the model we got is a 'commercial' model, not a home model and the reusable cup is for the home model. So far, that's the only thing that makes sense. I'd need to see a home model, tho, to verify.

aieechihuahua said:
wink_smile.gif

What we're thinking is the model we got is a 'commercial' model, not a home model and the reusable cup is for the home model. So far, that's the only thing that makes sense. I'd need to see a home model, tho, to verify.
Do you have a costco, linens & things or a bed, bath and beyond near you to check it out?

Just bite the bullet and buy the cups from Keurig. I wouldn't mess with that. Too many other things to do........

aieechihuahua said:
wink_smile.gif

Do you have a costco, linens & things or a bed, bath and beyond near you to check it out?
Found another website that deals with 'problems' and that said the filter cups only work with home models, not commercial ones, so there's my answer. We'll head over to the store to bring it back and I can go get some more hot cocoa.

Just bite the bullet and buy the cups from Keurig. I wouldn't mess with that. Too many other things to do.........
We got our first order of cups in...96 reg and 48 decaf cups. Problem is, Gomez is loving the machine to much.

I am glad you got that figured out, was driving me crazy too. I was staring at mine last night, over and over. Pretty sick, huh?
BTW - I get the k cups on Amazon - there is always something hovering between $19 and $23 per 48 or 50 counts. About 44¢ each is a good price. Anyone have a cheaper source?
We mostly use this Keurig for the occasional decaf coffee drinker, so we don't have to make a pot. Out regular coffee pot brew is half caf, and that goes over pretty well. We also use it for ourselves when we wanta cupa in the middle of the day.

I am glad you got that figured out, was driving me crazy too. I was staring at mine last night, over and over. Pretty sick, huh?
BTW - I get the k cups on Amazon - there is always something hovering between $19 and $23 per 48 or 50 counts. About 44¢ each is a good price. Anyone have a cheaper source?
We mostly use this Keurig for the occasional decaf coffee drinker, so we don't have to make a pot. Out regular coffee pot brew is half caf, and that goes over pretty well. We also use it for ourselves when we wanta cupa in the middle of the day..
We have a local purveyor where we got 24/$8.88 on sale. The reg price is 24/$9.99. Every place I've seen them in stores it's been 18/$10.

We mostly use this Keurig for the occasional decaf coffee drinker, so we don't have to make a pot. Out regular coffee pot brew is half caf, and that goes over pretty well. We also use it for ourselves when we wanta cupa in the middle of the day..
I know at least one coffee drinker on this forum who would not be happy with the half-caf mix. :) Not me, I drink decaf all the time and have been accused of being a heretic!

I know at least one coffee drinker on this forum who would not be happy with the half-caf mix. :) Not me, I drink decaf all the time and have been accused of being a heretic!
When I opened, I used the 50/50 Blend and no one was happy. Decafe drinkers wanted decafe and high-test wanted high-test. I quickly started buying both kinds.

Not one guest has ever figured out that our coffee is not high test, as it is very full bodied and rich tasting. Anyway...there are many different kinds of coffee out there that are naturally low in caffiene, and some of them are lower that what we serve, ie - Costa Rican coffee. It's all relative. We like half caf so we can drink it all day, and we make our guests suffer our ritual unknowingly. If they ask about our blend - we tell them.

Just bite the bullet and buy the cups from Keurig. I wouldn't mess with that. Too many other things to do.........
We got our first order of cups in...96 reg and 48 decaf cups. Problem is, Gomez is loving the machine to much.
Morticia said:
That's why I don't have one! It would cost me way too much money to make all the coffee I would drink from it!

Back