my memory card

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i can't find the thread ... i think posted by jb ... about taking a photo of a place you used to live or 'be' in front of that place now.
i did this with a collage making program. went by my parents' house, has sold twice in three years and i don't know the new people. but i stopped out front and snapped the color pic. i didn't have the black and white one with me. the black and white is me (baby) and an older sister sitting on my dad's lap on the front step. the screen door was wooden at the time.
feels surreal to do this!
med_myhousenowandthen.png

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Please share it - the link is below.
Here it is, just got a tweet -
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]Dear Photograph, I wish I could be sitting there at Shell Beach with you mom...all over again. Love Kevin[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]http://bit.ly/oxDzxa[/COLOR]

Nice.
In 1971 I went back to the apt house my Grandma & Uncle owned in Chicago that housed almost the whole family. At that time it (the neighborhood) was full of people I would not want to live near. Such a sad thing since it was a wonderful, safe blue-collar neighborhood in the last 1940s. Went back to show DH the old neighborhood in the early 1980s - what a difference!! It was now Yuppyville - I would not have been able to afford the DOOR! I wonder what it is today.... Things change so much.
The house my parents built on the farm had changed so much with the new owners (added on to) that Daddy - who built it - could not pick out the original part of the house. I do go back to the farm every so often - to at least drive past it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Please share it - the link is below.
Here it is, just got a tweet -
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]Dear Photograph, I wish I could be sitting there at Shell Beach with you mom...all over again. Love Kevin[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]http://bit.ly/oxDzxa[/COLOR].
ok. i shared it. wrote this little blurb. but it makes me a bit weepy
the house my parents built, with me (baby), my dad and one sis (karen) on the front step. the picture in color behind it is the house now ... both parents are gone; new people live there, i don't know them. how i wish i could step into the black & white picture, through the color, into the house of yesterday and be with my family, all 5 kids and my parents, just once more. just once.

Aw that is great. I might have to just grab a pic off Google to do my old house.

That's awesome!!!.
the hardest thing is not to go up to the door and ask to be allowed inside. i've heard of people doing that ... sometimes the owners are receptive, sometimes not. i think i might cry my eyes out.

That's awesome!!!.
the hardest thing is not to go up to the door and ask to be allowed inside. i've heard of people doing that ... sometimes the owners are receptive, sometimes not. i think i might cry my eyes out.
seashanty said:
I CANNOT go up to the house I grew up in. The people who bought it from my family turned it into a dump...think of a junkyard. It would break my heart.
I'd rather just let the memories stay slightly golden in my mind. It's better for me that way!

My 1st home is now a freeway on ramp in Glendale Calif.At Chevy Chase Dr & Verdugo Rd.Our home from 1939 to 1948. Very nice 2 story Spanish style. Would be fatal if I stood there for a picture now !Thanks for the memories.Mary Bwater

Back