My Poor Kiwi

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
12 people and not a one ate the kiwi fruit this morning. I had them ripening in the window for days, they were just perfect! Not a person touched them, could be a case of them not knowing what it is, we have many guests ask what it is and then I urge them to try it. Guests from Louisiana, West Virginia x 4, Virginia, Maryland and NC. All of our O/S guests eat them and know what they are.

Hmm, I bought some kiwi berries (the baby kiwis) for a fruit cup in a few days. I'm going to cut them in half - they're about the size of grapes - so hopefully they will get eaten.

Hmm, I bought some kiwi berries (the baby kiwis) for a fruit cup in a few days. I'm going to cut them in half - they're about the size of grapes - so hopefully they will get eaten..
I've never heard of those. Do they have the same kind of skin as their larger cousin? How the heck do you peel them?

Hmm, I bought some kiwi berries (the baby kiwis) for a fruit cup in a few days. I'm going to cut them in half - they're about the size of grapes - so hopefully they will get eaten..
I've never heard of those. Do they have the same kind of skin as their larger cousin? How the heck do you peel them?
Proud Texan said:
No, they don't have the fuzzy skin - it's smooth, like a grape. They're greenish in color but darker green than a grape; the insides look like a regular kiwi. They're pretty yummy. Maybe once or twice a year I see them at the Sam's Club I go to and I usually pick some up. They had them for tasting once when they first got them.

I would love those! In fact this year I have not been able to find star fruit which I serve up on top of a fruit plate and it looks so nice.
Muirford have you seen how I cut my kiwi (if not part of the fruit bowl)? I have a knife for this and it looks nice on the plate. Actually mine are nicer cut than this one with the bubbles in the middle. I would attempt to cut the kiwi berries the same way.
images

A guest pulled me aside and said "I would like to adjust my order for tomorrow"
chef.gif

She said, "Tomorrow I would like..."
I smiled and said, "Tomorrow is a different breakfast."
I guess she thought we serve the same every day.
(PS always a SHE)
She said "I would like this, that and none of that..."
Well, we aren't serving any of that tomorrow, but thanks for letting me know. d'oh

I love the look of your kiwi JB but it looks a little daunting to eat...are you supposed to use a spoon to get it out of the skin?
We serve our kiwi sliced, with the skin removed and it usually gets eaten. I LOVE the star fruit and they are cheap, cheap, cheap right now but NO ONE here knows what they are and they get left on the plate every time so I quit trying.

We serve them sliced as well, yes our other guests eat them sliced like this, many cut in half, or use a spoon to scoop it. It's all about contrasts...

I peel, quarter, and slice my kiwis into a compote. I like the color they add. They are usually eaten here.

When I first read this thread title, I thought something was wrong with your dh ;).
Emily Spiers said:
When I first read this thread title, I thought something was wrong with your dh ;)
There is always something wrong with him. LOL
He just tore down the oldest rickety fence on the property, embarrassing when the leaves are all gone - we have morning glories all along that fence line and it is not more than a trellis really, I was just out as he told me which trees needed to come down for the new fence posts. I said, Well you have torn it down, you can't stop now. See he will do anything OUT THERE to avoid coming INN HERE. He actually wanted to see where everything grew before ripping it out to install a new one.
update: I just dowsed him in vinegar as he was ripping out poison ivy and knows he got it all over, again. This is why ER's are full occupancy on 80 degree beautiful days...they have a mug with his name on it over there...he was wearing safety glasses, so that is a plus.

When I first read this thread title, I thought something was wrong with your dh ;).
Emily Spiers said:
When I first read this thread title, I thought something was wrong with your dh ;)
There is always something wrong with him. LOL
He just tore down the oldest rickety fence on the property, embarrassing when the leaves are all gone - we have morning glories all along that fence line and it is not more than a trellis really, I was just out as he told me which trees needed to come down for the new fence posts. I said, Well you have torn it down, you can't stop now. See he will do anything OUT THERE to avoid coming INN HERE. He actually wanted to see where everything grew before ripping it out to install a new one.
update: I just dowsed him in vinegar as he was ripping out poison ivy and knows he got it all over, again. This is why ER's are full occupancy on 80 degree beautiful days...they have a mug with his name on it over there...he was wearing safety glasses, so that is a plus.
I had guests this week who were sisters who came to bicycle the trails. They were originally from OZ. Now one lives in WV and the orher in Wisc.

Back