My weirdest phone call yet - in 10 years of innkeeping

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Answering machine message.
"Hello I am on your website and it says that there is only a two night minimum on holiday or event weekends, or October. I tried to book a room for this weekend for one night and a message came up in red saying there is a two night minimum! I only want one night this weekend"
We call them back "This weekend is labor day weekend, it is a holiday weekend."
He says "Well I only want one night, I don't want an event weekend."
smileystooges.gif
Remember my guests a couple of years ago who wanted one night on Columbus Day weekend and were put out when I told them it was a holiday, so 2-night min? They didn't celebrate that holiday where they lived so it shouldn't apply to them.

"Hello I am on your website and it says that there is only a two night minimum on holiday or event weekends, or October. I tried to book a room for this weekend for one night and a message came up in red saying there is a two night minimum! I only want one night this weekend"
smileystooges.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
smileystooges.gif
Just goes to show you that people read what they want, and how they want to read it.

smileystooges.gif
Remember my guests a couple of years ago who wanted one night on Columbus Day weekend and were put out when I told them it was a holiday, so 2-night min? They didn't celebrate that holiday where they lived so it shouldn't apply to them.
They do NOT celebrate Columbus Day here!! lol!

smileystooges.gif
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
What did you say next?

a man called today and asked if we are affiliated with Hilton.
I asked him "are you looking for bad service or something?" That broke the ice and made him laugh, then I told him only if my husband is named Hilton.
whattha.gif

a man called today and asked if we are affiliated with Hilton.
I asked him "are you looking for bad service or something?" That broke the ice and made him laugh, then I told him only if my husband is named Hilton.
whattha.gif
HUH???? What ever was he thinking? Oh well.

Back