Mystery Packages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Wonder how this would work in a B&B context as a package?
Mystery Bus Trip
The Botetourt County Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism is sponsoring a trip to an area that it has never traveled to before. Lunch will be at a location where the group has never dined. Suspense and mystery will be the day’s highlights.
Date: Saturday, October 30
Time: 7 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Sponsor: Botetourt County Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Fee: $69
For more Information: 473-8326 or 366-2888.

Do you know any packages for Halloween? We have the ghost tour thing here, but it is peal leaf season for us, so we never do anything extra for that event.

Do you know any packages for Halloween? We have the ghost tour thing here, but it is peal leaf season for us, so we never do anything extra for that event..
We have a neat yearly historic cemetery tour here - $20 presale tickets and the half hour evening tour is followed by a reception at the cemetery. It is hugely popular & proceeds go to the continued restoration of the cemetery. I had thought about packaging that.

Do you know any packages for Halloween? We have the ghost tour thing here, but it is peal leaf season for us, so we never do anything extra for that event..
Our symphony orchestra is having a concert a 9pm on Halloween in a funeral home. I've been told the musicians will be in costumes. I put a sentence in my blog about it.... Then I realized that I'll be hosting the guest musicians... Maybe I should make a bigger deal out of it, but Sunday night is not the best for one night get-aways.

Our symphony orchestra is having a concert a 9pm on Halloween in a funeral home. I've been told the musicians will be in costumes. I put a sentence in my blog about it.... Then I realized that I'll be hosting the guest musicians... Maybe I should make a bigger deal out of it, but Sunday night is not the best for one night get-aways.
Innkeep said:
Yeah halloween on a sunday is a dilemma round here in the buckle of the bible belt. S/b interesting. People listened to me this year on the later peak leaves so we have a full house, first time EVER had any guests on Halloween here.
Let me know how it turn out Innkeep. You might get some takers!

Innkeep said:
Yeah halloween on a sunday is a dilemma round here in the buckle of the bible belt. S/b interesting. People listened to me this year on the later peak leaves so we have a full house, first time EVER had any guests on Halloween here.
Speaking of the Bible Belt... Our Mayor has declared October 30th as the official night for Halloween Trick or Treating. Just seems wrong to me as that is not the date of Halloween, or All Hallows Eve.
sad_smile.gif
Followed by All Saints Day on November 1st.

Innkeep said:
Speaking of the Bible Belt... Our Mayor has declared October 30th as the official night for Halloween Trick or Treating. Just seems wrong to me as that is not the date of Halloween, or All Hallows Eve.
sad_smile.gif
Followed by All Saints Day on November 1st.
Up in New England....Forget where the Patriots Stadium is located.....
They to had determined to have Halloween on Saturday 10/30....Due to on Sunday the fans going and leaving the Patriots game would cause problems between them and all the kids out trick or treating.

Oct 30 is trick or treat here.
Gosh, I remember when my kids were young the town tried so hard NOT to have Trick or Treating on the weekend - they wanted it on a school night (Sunday would qualify) so that kids had to be home and to bed on time to get up for school the next morning! They thought it cut down on pranks too. Having it on Sat. this year will give kids an extra day to get over their stomach ache I guess!

Innkeep said:
Maybe I should make a bigger deal out of it, but Sunday night is not the best for one night get-aways.
You never know...it can't hurt to try

Offer an erly get-to-work-on-time breakfast or a breakfast to go for those who need to getto work. That might sweeten the pot.
Or call breakfast a Meet the Musicians.....

Back