Myth #7: B&Bs are cluttered with chotchkies, antiques and doilies

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score

Myth #7: B&Bs are cluttered with chotchkies, antiques and doilies.

[/b]
Myth #7: B&Bs are cluttered with chotchkies, antiques and doilies. Some B&Bs fit this bill... but not all. With minimal searching, you can find inns with spacious, modern rooms clear of clutter and offering amenities such as docking stations, king-sized beds and flat-screen, high-definition TVs. from here.

Well some B&B's have both! Not a myth at all. HD tv's because a lightning strike killed all our tv's and you can ONLY BUY flat screen HD TV's now. docking stations, and antiques. The house is old. It is an antique. She's an old girl, have some respect!

We're definitely not sleek chrome and modern fittings here. Even with quilts and antique-y furniture it's not stuffy or cluttered. I don't like cluttered. And, yes, our TV's (such as they are) are flat screen.

I am considered a junior round here at 106 years old - feel in some ways the flat screen TV's are better in that they are more unobtrusive! its all about blending with your surroundings so it feels right.

I have doilies, antiques (we ARE antiques) but the guestrooms are NOT cluttered. Have had guests remark how they liked having room for THEIR stuff. (Dusting is NOT my hobby. Knick knacks are just freaking dust collectors - the stupid dolls are more than enough and mostly in the dining room.)

I have doilies, antiques (we ARE antiques) but the guestrooms are NOT cluttered. Have had guests remark how they liked having room for THEIR stuff. (Dusting is NOT my hobby. Knick knacks are just freaking dust collectors - the stupid dolls are more than enough and mostly in the dining room.).
my po's husband was a lunatic for pictures - every fricking wall space! and some are quite hidious! am gradually weeding them out but trouble is most need redocrating underneath!

Back