Myth #8: B&Bs don't cater to business travelers.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Myth #8: B&Bs don't cater to business travelers.
While mainly thought of as a vacation-only destination, B&Bs have added amenities to accommodate the business traveler including in-room desks, business centers with copiers and fax machines, guest rooms with numerous outlets, free Wi-Fi, parcel delivery and pick-up services and business specials for midweek, last-minute and extended stays. And, you won't have to spend on breakfast, snacks and, in many cases, bottled water -- a real cost cutter.

My business guests travel with my-fi card, they do not need fax machines and copiers. They do not need parcel delivery they are either working at a local business here, or on the road. They are always given a business rate, special breakfast times. They do need quiet surroundings, a tv to watch sports or catch up on a weekly show. They also appreciate being able to have restaurants nearby to walk to.
But, cancellation policies may deter some business guests. We may abbreviate them but cannot do away with them altogether, we are small family owned businesses, and we too need to make ends meet!
We would hope business travelers for local businesses are savvy enough to support small family owned businesses vs chain hotels.

WiFi is probably the most important feature. Free is paramount! Earlier breakfast? Check! Desks in rooms? Check! Outlets? Check! Dinner close by? Check! Late check-in? Check! Friendly smile after a long day at the office? Check! Knowing you like decaf and cranberry juice AFTER your breakfast is served and not BEFORE? Check!
Who uses the computer and printer? Leisure travelers.

We do special corporate rates which are set up and agreed with each business or traveller. However they tend to stay midweek and so far we have not had any clashes with big events so find they slot in nicely in between events ie have a nice lady next week will be her 3rd week and have a nice theatre lady been staying 2 days a week for 3 weeks also. they go out first thing, eat breakfast early and are no bother - all they ask is a quiet room and wi-fi and I only ever see them at check in and check out!

I have the biz center w/free wifi, coffee and full breakfast ready whenever and have it to go if that is what they want. I have a 48 hour cancel - that should be flexible enough. We just do not get many biz guests in this town with pop. 2250 (more funerals, still not the right ones).

Back