Naive person wondering - Why are you anonymous?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing about anonymous posting ... yes, a guest of mine might wander in here and discover a post that they are sure is about him/her, feel certain that must be me/my inn. maybe they will search throughout the posts and piece things together. but can they be absolutely certain?
But ... this is different from my name and/or my inn being found in an online search where I have ranted and identified myself in the same piece.
That's the chance I took if I went on an absolute rant ... although I could have created a second ID if I'd really wanted to..
I think if someone were to track you down and see a post they think is about them they must be a bit paranoid. Then again, if the shoe fits......
Colleen848 said:
...they must be a bit paranoid. Then again, if the shoe fits......
Exactly. Paranoid and capable of causing you a lot of grief you'd rather do without.

All the other responses have their valid points, but there is a bit of identity that is helpful; I always wish there was a little more context for posts: size of inn, geography. When someone's experience is really different, I wonder why, maybe it is where they are located or that they have 2 rooms -- or 12.

All the other responses have their valid points, but there is a bit of identity that is helpful; I always wish there was a little more context for posts: size of inn, geography. When someone's experience is really different, I wonder why, maybe it is where they are located or that they have 2 rooms -- or 12..
Tom said:
All the other responses have their valid points, but there is a bit of identity that is helpful; I always wish there was a little more context for posts: size of inn, geography. When someone's experience is really different, I wonder why, maybe it is where they are located or that they have 2 rooms -- or 12.
Tom, I understand your point as I have had that same thought. But as you can see it did not change my willingness to come out from behind my cover.
confused_smile.gif

Back