Name gaps on forum cra cki ng me up

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
I understand when people put additional blanks in a specific name because they don't want the thread showing up and alerting the business to the discussion. However some of the recent uses have really got me laughing.
Goo gle? ..... yah hoo ? Trust me. These names are never going to cause the post to show up one either of these companies' radar. A google or yahoo rep is not going to ever show up on this forum and take issue with something that was said. I wish they would, but it is just NOT going to happen. :)
Mostly all this does is prevent the post from showing up within an internal search of this site using the search box on this site.
Thanks for the chuckles. I am going to b e d ;)

You crack me up! 'Cuz I was just thinking the same thing about the spaces for Yahoo & Google. Like, why would it matter? And every time I saw it, the Yahoo little song went through my head. haha. Yaa hoooooooo!
teeth_smile.gif

All I know is it is a pill trying to find something in the s e a rch on this sit enow. :)

Ahh the science of the potty mouth filter. I remember having a little trouble getting the one on this site to work right. ;)

I remember years ago when TI came out with it first home computer, that they developed one of the first voice synthesizers as a added component.
A friend of mine had kids who took great delight in getting the computer to say dirty words. I don't remember exactly how he did it, but somehow he was able to create a filter to stop the practice. Well, kids are smart and the soon figured out that you could spell f_ck with ph and get the same results.

Ahh the science of the potty mouth filter. I remember having a little trouble getting the one on this site to work right. ;).
swirt said:
Ahh the science of the potty mouth filter. I remember having a little trouble getting the one on this site to work right. ;)
And, like PT's friend's kids, many have worked around the filter by leaving out a letter or 2.

you may appreciate this ...
on some sites that censor out profanity. so far, so good.
but if you want to meet someone for a drink, you must phrase it that way because the sites change it in profiles and in messages to a word partly made up of **** ... AND i got a warning from the site about making provocative statements.
embaressed_smile.gif

Back