naming the tub

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
Ok, I have two baths with jacuzzi whirlpool tubs that are part of a shower/jet tub combo. Would like your suggestions on describing them accurately as a room amenity, It is a "Jacuzzi" brand whirlpool tub, but for some reason people think we're talking a ten person tub you find next to a pool. Some people are thrilled to have a tub to soak in after a long hike, etc., maybe they don't have this little luxury at home, some call asking if we have a Jacuzzi, well, yes, they are "Jacuzzi", but they are not what they are thinking of...don't want disappointment when they show...I know many inns do have large two person tubs, these are singles...you know, just like yours at home, but with jets....
Don't you love the calls from the drunk bar flies calling at 11pm asking if you have a jacuzzi? No, I'm sorry, click!
barf.gif
That's all they want, just a jacuzzi!

Husband had a call saturday night at 4am wanting a room. Must have been partying after the game and decided not to drive home if they could get a room. Everything in town was full. Wonder how many places he called.

Year one and two I had tons of call for a jacuzzi, now I never do! Weird, you just reminded me.

"Jacuzzi" is a brand, not a type of tub. I have a Kohler jetted tub/shower combo & I say this, "One person water jetted tub/rain fall shower combination". I actually say "water jetted" because the air tubs are popular now & we have one of those for guests too. My big 2-person tubs are made by MTI and I call them "water jetted" also. I don't want to get into all that trademark stuff.

I just call them a whirlpool tub. As in I have "a whirlpool tub for two".
Riki

"Jacuzzi" is a brand, not a type of tub. I have a Kohler jetted tub/shower combo & I say this, "One person water jetted tub/rain fall shower combination". I actually say "water jetted" because the air tubs are popular now & we have one of those for guests too. My big 2-person tubs are made by MTI and I call them "water jetted" also. I don't want to get into all that trademark stuff..
yes, using the BRAND name...you just never know what might happen. I always use " whirlpool or jetted tub for one or two" to be on the safe side. Even if yours is a Jacuzzi, you just never know.

jetted tub or
whirpool tub
please mention for one ... if it is only for one, or two if it will fit two
about four years ago, stayed at a place that mentioned jetted tub in room but it was a tiny thing, you had to climb down into it to stand to take a shower or climb in and sit on the built in seat to fill to 'jet'. it was a tub for ONE only.
not the romantic setting we envisioned and NOT fun to have the innkeeper pound on the door telling us we couldn't use it because water was leaking into the room below us as though we did something wrong. all i did was take a shower in the thing.

We have one room with one of these, and we call it the "in-room whirlpool tub for two"...that way they don't think it's a large hot tub. Plus we have a picture of it so they can see for themselves what we mean.

I just call them a whirlpool tub. As in I have "a whirlpool tub for two".
Riki.
My air tubs don't do whirlpool. They are "champagne bubbles" according to the literature. haha!
regular_smile.gif

Whirlpool is another good term for the water jetted type.

We have one room with one of these, and we call it the "in-room whirlpool tub for two"...that way they don't think it's a large hot tub. Plus we have a picture of it so they can see for themselves what we mean..
Yes, a picture is worth 1,000 words. We have pictures of all of ours on our website BUT as we get on the directories & I can't afford the listing with a bunch more pictures, they won't see those if they don't delve further
sad_smile.gif

Because you actually HAVE the brand name tub installed, how about (not that anyone will read it), '2 person Jacuzzi whirlpool tub.' Or, 1 person if that is appropriate.

I'm with Riki... we have two "whirlpool tubs." One is a one person whirlpool tub, and the other is a "large whirlpool tub" which is either for one large person or two small to medium ones.
I wouldn't mention the brand name....
=)
Kk.

I'm with Riki... we have two "whirlpool tubs." One is a one person whirlpool tub, and the other is a "large whirlpool tub" which is either for one large person or two small to medium ones.
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Now that has to be cute. Small to mediums only please.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Guest: Is it a two person tub?
Me: Well, maybe... it isn't installed yet, but I think it will be.
Guest: Well, if it's not we'll make it one.
=)
Kk.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Small to mediums if you want two people in there.
Large are welcome... will fit easily. But, as dh says, "Large have to go it alone."
=)
Kk.

Back