Naming your breakfasts

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmm .... my breakfasts were pretty basic
but generous and yummy and downhome style and i liked to have fun with it.
one of mine was The Sea Bisquit ... on the big board announcing
Tomorrow's Breakfast
The Sea Biscuit ... Homemade Biscuits with Farm Fresh Eggs and Sizzling Bacon (don't think racehorse, think sand dollar)
or
Maggie's own Blueberry Pancakes blahblahblah
i used the name of the place or my own name
lots of things were 'maggie's own' or 'maggie's special' like the banana bread or blueberry muffins. if it was one of my mom's recipe's, it was mom's own ....
whenever i was serving a homebaked goodie, i had copies of recipes at the ready (with all the appropriate marketing materials) so i could hand them out if (when) asked.
i also had on the bottom of the big board
No can eat? We've got granola and oatmeal in the cupboard.

Toad in the Hole, that goes with 'Bubble and squeek', and the infamous 'Spotted dick'
And no, I am NOT making these up.
teeth_smile.gif

KathleenM

Toad in the Hole, that goes with 'Bubble and squeek', and the infamous 'Spotted dick'
And no, I am NOT making these up.
teeth_smile.gif

KathleenM.
Skamokawa said:
I'm almost afraid to ask LOL

you have to be a brit to serve those things. and you pronounce it tod in the ol i believe.

Explanation...not a name that makes the guest scratch head. A name that engenders anticipation...
So, instead of 'french toast' you call it 'very berry french toast' which enlightens the guest while alerting them that berries are in their future, now is the time to say they are allergic!
I think our breakfasts sound boring even tho in reality they are not. I'm trying to liven things up..
Instead of getting cutesy, try putting the emphasis on things like "fresh" "home made", "from scratch".
InnsiderInfo said:
Instead of getting cutesy, try putting the emphasis on things like "fresh" "home made", "from scratch".
'From scratch'. As if. Seriously. And at this time of year, there is no such thing as 'fresh' in these parts, it's all out of a jar or trucked 3000.
You're still making it fresh and hot...as in, not a cold Pop Tart or cereal bar. Don't underestimate your hot breakfast, absolutely no one takes the time to cook breakfast for themselves anymore...so just to have something hot and homemade ready for them is a treat.

Explanation...not a name that makes the guest scratch head. A name that engenders anticipation...
So, instead of 'french toast' you call it 'very berry french toast' which enlightens the guest while alerting them that berries are in their future, now is the time to say they are allergic!
I think our breakfasts sound boring even tho in reality they are not. I'm trying to liven things up..
InnsiderInfo said:
'From scratch'. As if. Seriously. And at this time of year, there is no such thing as 'fresh' in these parts, it's all out of a jar or trucked 3000.
You're still making it fresh and hot...as in, not a cold Pop Tart or cereal bar. Don't underestimate your hot breakfast, absolutely no one takes the time to cook breakfast for themselves anymore...so just to have something hot and homemade ready for them is a treat.
InnsiderInfo said:
!!!

we've wanted to try a couple of dishes.... Pickett's Charge - strong coffee with a shot of whiskey or Lee's Retreat: bran muffins and prune juice

we've wanted to try a couple of dishes.... Pickett's Charge - strong coffee with a shot of whiskey or Lee's Retreat: bran muffins and prune juice.
greyswan said:
we've wanted to try a couple of dishes.... Pickett's Charge - strong coffee with a shot of whiskey
Sign me up for seconds on that one!

Back