Napkin Rings

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Anyone have any cute/unusual ideas for things around the house to use to make napkin rings?
I just can't justify 4 bucks a pop on napkin rings right now, when I need 10 of them, haven't been able to find any except at Bed bath beyond....

I pick napkin rings up at Pier One when they're on sale. Also, World Market if I can get there. I will just cruise the home furnishings areas & see if they have them on sale. I don't have time lately to be creative about making any but in the past I've used raffia, ribbon, and you can even use fresh flowers with sturdy stems.
My new thing though is napkin folds! A guest gave me a book as a departing gift recently & there are a bunch of simple ones that look elegant :) I alternate doing folds and using napkin rings.

kathleen, you beat me to it!
here are a couple links for you and here you need to scroll down to read
i like ribbons for napkin rings, look for ribbon by the spool at bargain prices ... when i see it and love it, i buy it at 99 cents for yards and yards of it. you can mix and match, add floral touches or not ...
i also made rings using paper towel tubes ... 3 dozen of them for a family party. covered them with fabric scraps and glue to hold it. they looked sweet! no one realized they were just cardboard and scraps
the idea of course is to use what you have around the house if you can

$4 a pop? You can get them for a buck or 2 for a $1 at Burlington Coat Factory and other stores.
I like clever napkin rings too. They would have to fit in with the table decor.

The Dollar Tree around here sells them. What about Goodwill or Salvation Army? You could do a ribbon like Kathleen and SS mentioned and tie a nice flower into it. We don't use napkin rings. We either fold them into tents or fans.

kathleen, you beat me to it!
here are a couple links for you and here you need to scroll down to read
i like ribbons for napkin rings, look for ribbon by the spool at bargain prices ... when i see it and love it, i buy it at 99 cents for yards and yards of it. you can mix and match, add floral touches or not ...
i also made rings using paper towel tubes ... 3 dozen of them for a family party. covered them with fabric scraps and glue to hold it. they looked sweet! no one realized they were just cardboard and scraps
the idea of course is to use what you have around the house if you can.
I thought about the paper towel tube cut up but at 1AM after 3 hours inputting 1 checkbook and half of another (yes, I procrastinate - a LOT!) my brain could not figure out how to decorate - DUH fabric scraps, which we all have in abundance.
I get spools of ribbon at the craft store in the "lets get rid of it" bin for 50 cents to $1 all the time. They often have that elastic silver or gold stuff also. I got it to tie the ends of bags of roasted coffee.

Back