Nat'l Country Inn, Bed & Breakfast Day ju-ust around the corner.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinaC

Reaction score
Country Inn, B&B Day is celebrated 1st Sun. in Oct. since 2005. Are you planning to celebrate the Day? If so, cozy or grand, let us know the who, how, when.
A hospitality editor let me know that she needs a few more properties in order to post an article which would be free publicity, folks. I esp. need five more from the New England states and the rest scattered about the USA and Canada. Folks across the pond and hither, dither and yon are welcomed for we are checking the specs to go global.
So grand or quaint, post your shout-out here. Time is of the essence as though I've been working another newsletter, this count for another just came to me today.
Here are what some inns are doing: Mugs to lodgers, homemade baked goods, comp. gift sized box of candies, extra course in a chef prepared dinner, discounts, banners, author discussion & book signing, drawings, teas, and many more. We've also had a mayoral ribbon and cake cutting, music and jam and jelly giveaway.
Be part of the fun for this Day belongs to you! Happy Country Inn, Bed & Breakfast to all Grand Dames, Painted Ladies, Bungalows, Pueblos and their Wonderful hosts and fans! Love you and thanks for all you do!
cheers.gif

This Day's For You, Inn-dustry.
No one? I'll keep it open for another day but editor needs just five more inns (esp. New England way) and if I don't get them, the article and Free Publicity will be gone.
embaressed_smile.gif

On a happier note, my article with another major B&Bdotcom org will release Friday. Can't wait. Those inns listed will be getting some nice publicity as far as the article can travel.
Happy Nat'l Country Inn, Bed & Breakfast Day everyone! Celebrate Good Times!
teeth_smile.gif

I think on Happy B&B Day we should be GETTING something not giving something away.
riki

No one? I'll keep it open for another day but editor needs just five more inns (esp. New England way) and if I don't get them, the article and Free Publicity will be gone.
embaressed_smile.gif

On a happier note, my article with another major B&Bdotcom org will release Friday. Can't wait. Those inns listed will be getting some nice publicity as far as the article can travel.
teeth_smile.gif
And just who declared this day? Never heard a thing about it before. Agree..why should inns give something away? They should just be getting some free publicity.

embaressed_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif
And just who declared this day? Never heard a thing about it before. Agree..why should inns give something away? They should just be getting some free publicity.
An inn-thusiast, cat purr-son, author & screenwriter,Tina C declared it 6 years ago, Cat Lady.
wink_smile.gif

www.tinaczarnota >^..^< -- It's true.
B&B Day is in it's 6th year & has been in press releases, noted, posted, celebrated in many sites, places as well as right here at inn-spiring etc. The official annual listing is in Chases' almanac.
I've been promoting the inn-dustry out of my own pocket on a nickel & dime budget because...well, the B&B article tells why.
wink_smile.gif

As for getting something out of it, the free publicity/advertising in blogs, newsletters going round the world does. I pay big $$ for that kind of copy.
OK, cut off has arrived. One article is out today. Another soon 2 B released. Thanks for all who participated and who have been so gracious about it.
heart.gif

embaressed_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif
An inn-thusiast, cat purr-son, author & screenwriter,Tina C declared it 6 years ago, Cat Lady.
wink_smile.gif

www.tinaczarnota >^..^< -- It's true.
B&B Day is in it's 6th year & has been in press releases, noted, posted, celebrated in many sites, places as well as right here at inn-spiring etc. The official annual listing is in Chases' almanac.
I've been promoting the inn-dustry out of my own pocket on a nickel & dime budget because...well, the B&B article tells why.
wink_smile.gif

As for getting something out of it, the free publicity/advertising in blogs, newsletters going round the world does. I pay big $$ for that kind of copy.
OK, cut off has arrived. One article is out today. Another soon 2 B released. Thanks for all who participated and who have been so gracious about it.
heart.gif

Sorry, Tina, but I have been up to my hip boots and beyond with the zoo I am living in at the moment.
Picture sitting on the glider on the big front porch of a very nice B & B - and the view is the back of the games trailers of the carnival. And beyond that is the big rides. You had to park half a block away at City Hall (they have cones reserving parking for you and your hosts) but since your host does not know when you arrived, you have to lug your luggage through the narrow space between the kiddie rides and the hedges of the B & B.

embaressed_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif
:) You don't remember it ... it was only was only 5842 posts ago that Tina announced it here in 2008 ;)
Time flies when we're having fun.
https://www.innspiring.com/node/1463

Thanks, Steve. I know how it is. There's info overload and it's hard for everyone to keep up with everything. Thanks for s'plainin' it them, Lootsee.
If you like, I could post links to B&B articles. Either way is good with moi.
Yikes,Gillumhouse. Hope things glide along much smoother in the very near future.
shades_smile.gif

I'm planning to celebrate it at a country inn in wine country CA,drinking wine overlooking a vineyard. :)

Thanks, Steve. I know how it is. There's info overload and it's hard for everyone to keep up with everything. Thanks for s'plainin' it them, Lootsee.
If you like, I could post links to B&B articles. Either way is good with moi.
Yikes,Gillumhouse. Hope things glide along much smoother in the very near future.
shades_smile.gif
Last night the man in one room stood watching the carny get disassembled. He was fasinated by the way they did it. I was adraid they would be kept awake with all the clattering and talking. One room was disturbed a bit by the sound (the carnival shut down by bed time each night) of the tear-down and pull out. She was, but said she could sleep on the way home. Most of it is gone now - for another year.

I'm planning to celebrate it at a country inn in wine country CA,drinking wine overlooking a vineyard. :).
Samster, sounds wonderful! I'm sure there are many who wish they could celebrate with you. I raise a glass in toast to you & all the Bungalows, Grand Dames, Huts, Pueblos, Tudors, Tents & their innkeepers across the land. Cheers!
cheers.gif

I still don't understand why everything that has to do with our B&Bs has to do with us having to give something away. I understand this is to promote B&Bs and that's all very well.
But to ME a B&B Day would entail something special for US.
We are getting emails, letters and phone calls daily wanting us to donate to this and that, when we cannot write off donations, and now here's the National B&B Day. And to celebrate, our day, what will we give away out of our pockets?
I don't see any difference. Just another request for a freebie.
RIki

I still don't understand why everything that has to do with our B&Bs has to do with us having to give something away. I understand this is to promote B&Bs and that's all very well.
But to ME a B&B Day would entail something special for US.
We are getting emails, letters and phone calls daily wanting us to donate to this and that, when we cannot write off donations, and now here's the National B&B Day. And to celebrate, our day, what will we give away out of our pockets?
I don't see any difference. Just another request for a freebie.
RIki
And no one hears about it either. Not enough that innkeepers are even aware of it. I am sorry, Tina, but it ends up in the category of National Pickle Day. Whoopee. If I have a special Day, I want it to be a holiday I can enjoy, not work my tail off. Does every indusrty have a "Day"?

Wouldn't it be nice if on b&b day our guests brought us some flowers and candy? Now THAT would be a good day!

It's not national innkeeper day, it is national B&B day. Two different audiences, two different intentions I think.

Back