Nearby Julian offers a simpler vacation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Nearby Julian offers a simpler vacation[/FONT]
Daily Aztec
Visitors can enjoy the experience of all four seasons and stay at one of its inviting bed and breakfast inns. Julian residents take pride in their historic ...

/b> th <>$Hspan>

AS a child growing up in San Diego,my family used to go up there on a day trip.My mother would make HoBo stew in her large iron pot over a wood fire in a picnic area. HoBo stew was hamburger,onions,potatoe,carrots,with chili sause on top and cook,cook. Boy was it goooood!Mary in Bridgewater,Va.

Have been there several times on trips to visit family in San Diego. I am glad to see the town is coming back. Parts were destroyed by fires years ago.

Interesting that it is featured in a college newspaper, as most college students couldn't afford to stay there these days.

AS a child growing up in San Diego,my family used to go up there on a day trip.My mother would make HoBo stew in her large iron pot over a wood fire in a picnic area. HoBo stew was hamburger,onions,potatoe,carrots,with chili sause on top and cook,cook. Boy was it goooood!Mary in Bridgewater,Va..
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
AS a child growing up in San Diego,my family used to go up there on a day trip.My mother would make HoBo stew in her large iron pot over a wood fire in a picnic area. HoBo stew was hamburger,onions,potatoe,carrots,with chili sause on top and cook,cook. Boy was it goooood!Mary in Bridgewater,Va.
Mary I used to live in Julian - Kindie and grade 1, then my dad had major back surgery and couldn't drive down the mountain to SD everyday for work and we had to move. Some of my fondest memories as a kid were in the Cuyamacas. We also had a cabin up there for generations until 2004 fires took it. I grew up in SD.

Interesting that it is featured in a college newspaper, as most college students couldn't afford to stay there these days..
SweetiePie said:
Interesting that it is featured in a college newspaper, as most college students couldn't afford to stay there these days.
That makes no difference here. Our students are out in all the expensive restaurants and bars here with Daddy's credit card. I thought the recession would stop that - nope.
RIki

The alumni probably could though. :).
Hey Jo Bloggs... small world. Might go to my 50th High School reunion there in a few years. Mary in Bridgewater,Va.
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
Hey Jo Bloggs... small world. Might go to my 50th High School reunion there in a few years. Mary in Bridgewater,Va.
My Mom graduated San Diego High in '62, I better remind her that her 50th is on the way in a couple years as well. She would have been a rival school to yours?

Back