Need a belly laugh? This is for you!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
It is 8 AM Friday morning. Breakfast is at 9:30. I have the muffins in the oven and am just starting to separate eggs for the egg bake and here comes DH with the morning paper in hand. He stops dead center in the doorway between kitchen and dining room to read about the wreck yesterday on the road coming from the Interstate just as I am taking something to the table. Have you ever tried to maneouver around a grown man with 2 crutches spread wide to hold him up? Unless knocking him over - you cannot. A hint to come on into the kitchen is met with a huh? What? Well why didn;t you say to move? This gets better...
Now he proceeds to the stove to make HIS breakfast and i try to consolidate even more and the egg carton flips forward and in addition to the eggs that manage to crack on the counter 6 hit the deck! Can you imagine th look on my face??? Directly in front of the stove. So here I am cleaning up eggs with paper towels and then not only scrubbing up the eggs but I have to dry it so the crutch tips do not slide all the while with commentary on how i should be cleaning it up.... I did not get out the cement.
And breakfast was totally on time! This is 2 weeks after the drain fiasco!

Maybe you should get some crutches, at least then it will be a fair fight...when you clock him!
poke.gif

Maybe you should get some crutches, at least then it will be a fair fight...when you clock him!
poke.gif
Once he gets to the kitchen, he uses the wheeled cart I got at a yaed sale to carry his stuff and uses it as the second crutch. So I spend the rest of the day dodging wherever he chose to leave the crutch today. Adds spice to life....
Got a call for a room tonight. Hope they have a late breakfast in the morning.

Yay on the call.
At least your obstacle is stationary... mine move, but not quickly enough and never in the right direction!
=)
Kk.

Have you ever tried sprinkling the eggs with salt? It absorbs to goo and they wipe right up.

Have you ever tried sprinkling the eggs with salt? It absorbs to goo and they wipe right up..
I did not know that! I do not drop eggs that often. He did not enter the kitchen this morning until I was finished - he has turned into a mind reader because I dud not SAY a word the dya of the egg caper. Perhaps the LOOK gave him a hint.....

Have you ever tried sprinkling the eggs with salt? It absorbs to goo and they wipe right up..
penelope said:
Have you ever tried sprinkling the eggs with salt? It absorbs to goo and they wipe right up.
Throw some butter on them and hit 'em with a blow torch. That way you can serve 'em up.
smiley-whacky011.gif

penelope said:
Throw some butter on them and hit 'em with a blow torch. That way you can serve 'em up.
smiley-whacky011.gif

Following those instructions, it is a good thing I live 1 block from the VFD!

penelope said:
smiley-whacky011.gif

Proud Texan said:
penelope said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
Don't forget the garnish ;)

penelope said:
smiley-whacky011.gif

Proud Texan said:
penelope said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
penelope said:
Proud Texan said:
penelope said:
smiley-whacky011.gif
Oh, I didn't. The charred linoleum makes a wonderful accompaniment.
emotion-30.gif

Back