Need a new vocab word

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BONZA MATE! I found the achilles heel!
I was making up a batch of biscuits and sausage gravy. What to go with it? I have tried everything. Then I remembered the delicious crisp I had at Grey Swan Inn!! We have a big bowl of apples in the kitchen picked out back.
I quickly peel, core and slice the apples. Put them in the microwave for 3 minutes. Then drop in some vanilla, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar and stir. I put some muesli in a small plated bowl, then heap the apples, a tad bit more muesli, a dollop of cream. Served it warm as the starter.
Ready for this - she ate BOTH. She is very petite and super sweet. She ate both his and hers, and she loved it! She said, Now THIS oughta be put in a cookbook, I hope you took a photo of this one it is fantastic!
EUREKA.
I will be making this as the "standard drill" for guests now since the apples are free, just have to pick em. Forget blueberries...yeah they are quick and easy, but "When God gives you apples - make apple crisps!"
He devoured the biscuits and gravy..
Biscuits and gravy - it doesn't get much better than that.
.... and Jeanne's hot apple soup is simply spectacular (and oh so simple)

BONZA MATE! I found the achilles heel!
I was making up a batch of biscuits and sausage gravy. What to go with it? I have tried everything. Then I remembered the delicious crisp I had at Grey Swan Inn!! We have a big bowl of apples in the kitchen picked out back.
I quickly peel, core and slice the apples. Put them in the microwave for 3 minutes. Then drop in some vanilla, butter, cinnamon and brown sugar and stir. I put some muesli in a small plated bowl, then heap the apples, a tad bit more muesli, a dollop of cream. Served it warm as the starter.
Ready for this - she ate BOTH. She is very petite and super sweet. She ate both his and hers, and she loved it! She said, Now THIS oughta be put in a cookbook, I hope you took a photo of this one it is fantastic!
EUREKA.
I will be making this as the "standard drill" for guests now since the apples are free, just have to pick em. Forget blueberries...yeah they are quick and easy, but "When God gives you apples - make apple crisps!"
He devoured the biscuits and gravy..
Biscuits and gravy - it doesn't get much better than that.
.... and Jeanne's hot apple soup is simply spectacular (and oh so simple)
I will be making my first batch of the season this weekend.

Back