Quantcast

Need a practical solution for my brick walkways.

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
We have had more than our share of rain this summer and my brick walkways have become slick and slippery with something green....moss....no....I don't know what it is, but It resembles the green stuff that grows on fish tanks.
Last week I put bleach down and scrubbed it. That did nothing. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Thanks.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
We have that on some of our brick..some sort of moss. Usually bleach works for us but husband also then uses the power washer on it.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
Home improvement stores usually carry a stiff bristled brush on a handle for scrubbing decks and walkways. I would try one of those with a bleach solution. If that had no effect, a pressure washer might do it.

Samster

Reaction score
You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax.

EmptyNest

Reaction score

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax..
Samster said:
You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax.
Never heard of it. What's that?
Look here. Though this says for mildew and I think the green is really some sort algae. HEre's another product to consider and yet another
catlady said:
Look here. Though this says for mildew and I think the green is really some sort algae. HEre's another product to consider and yet another
Thanks Catlady!

Samster

Reaction score
You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax..
Samster said:
Never heard of it. What's that?
Yep, for mildew which is different. Doh!