Need a practical solution for my brick walkways.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
We have had more than our share of rain this summer and my brick walkways have become slick and slippery with something green....moss....no....I don't know what it is, but It resembles the green stuff that grows on fish tanks.
Last week I put bleach down and scrubbed it. That did nothing. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it? Thanks.

We have that on some of our brick..some sort of moss. Usually bleach works for us but husband also then uses the power washer on it.

Home improvement stores usually carry a stiff bristled brush on a handle for scrubbing decks and walkways. I would try one of those with a bleach solution. If that had no effect, a pressure washer might do it.

You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax..
Samster said:
You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax.
Never heard of it. What's that?
Look here. Though this says for mildew and I think the green is really some sort algae. HEre's another product to consider and yet another
catlady said:
Look here. Though this says for mildew and I think the green is really some sort algae. HEre's another product to consider and yet another
Thanks Catlady!

You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax..
Samster said:
You could try the stuff that we use here on houses, fences, and decking called JoMax.
Never heard of it. What's that?
Yep, for mildew which is different. Doh!

Back