Need a webpage scrutinized, please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea but not the Google calendar where it chops off the events. I know you can click on the event for more info but I'm wondering since people don't read anyway if they'll explore more. Just sayin'....

Samster said:
I like the idea but not the Google calendar where it chops off the events. I know you can click on the even for more info but I'm wondering since people don't read anyway if they'll explore more. Just sayin'....
It's predicated on the size allowances. I could make the calendar wider and avoid the chopping off SOME of the events, but then I have to make the template larger and it gets to be a lot more work! I will add the 'click on the event for more info' statement so guests know what to do if they've never encountered a calendar like this before..
I think that adding that statement about clicking on the event is great (especially if you put it in bold)!! Good job!
It's easy to update this calendar. I use it and it syncs with my HTC Evo and can be updated via the mobile phone, too. Maybe someday, you'll do that too. :)
ETA: I want to come for BACON WEEK! haha.... (Not on my 2011 diet though....)

Samster said:
I like the idea but not the Google calendar where it chops off the events. I know you can click on the even for more info but I'm wondering since people don't read anyway if they'll explore more. Just sayin'....
It's predicated on the size allowances. I could make the calendar wider and avoid the chopping off SOME of the events, but then I have to make the template larger and it gets to be a lot more work! I will add the 'click on the event for more info' statement so guests know what to do if they've never encountered a calendar like this before..
I think that adding that statement about clicking on the event is great (especially if you put it in bold)!! Good job!
It's easy to update this calendar. I use it and it syncs with my HTC Evo and can be updated via the mobile phone, too. Maybe someday, you'll do that too. :)
I think you can sync this calendar with your own. I know if I wanted everyone to know when my dr appts are I could sync this calendar with my personal MS calendar! In the directions for setting up the calendar there was a list of calendars I could import.

Samster said:
I think you can sync this calendar with your own. I know if I wanted everyone to know when my dr appts are I could sync this calendar with my personal MS calendar! In the directions for setting up the calendar there was a list of calendars I could import.
Yep, I can sync it to mine if you allow the calendar to be shared as a public one.
I was talking about you making calendar updates on the fly from a more advanced mobile device down the road, if you so desire.

Samster said:
Yep, I can sync it to mine if you allow the calendar to be shared as a public one.
I was talking about you making calendar updates on the fly from a more advanced mobile device down the road, if you so desire.
Samster said:
I was just reading a blog that stated the number one thing a small business should have this year is a smartphone. (Can't remember whose blog or I would link it.) You know me, that just isn't going to happen. We plod happily along with our $100/year prepaid phone, which we don't have with us half the time anyway. I do drool over the smartphones and thank my lucky stars my kids have them so I get movies of the grands all the time! Maybe when I get rid of the landline.

I like it, and being a "live calendar" it should never be out of date. If it stops being updated it will just appear empty. It is a good view and easy to navigate.
My only complaint from an SEO point of view is that the content is in an iframe so the search engines won't give your site credit for the content. Not a bad thing, just not beneficial from an SEO content point of view..
swirt said:
My only complaint from an SEO point of view is that the content is in an iframe so the search engines won't give your site credit for the content.
Is that fixable in her situation?
Penelope said:
Is that fixable in her situation?
No. That is caused by using a calender applet that is not hers. The content resides with google calendar so it has to be embedded in a frame. There is no good way around it other than hosting your own calendar software on your server.

Samster said:
Samster said:
I was just reading a blog that stated the number one thing a small business should have this year is a smartphone. (Can't remember whose blog or I would link it.) You know me, that just isn't going to happen. We plod happily along with our $100/year prepaid phone, which we don't have with us half the time anyway. I do drool over the smartphones and thank my lucky stars my kids have them so I get movies of the grands all the time! Maybe when I get rid of the landline.
haha.... My dh said he'd never own anything more than a flip phone. Guess who is on his Blackberry looking up stuff all the time? It's really a hoot!
I can't see why I'd ever have to replace this phone I have now....it's really a mini computer with a phone. My 27 year old son says that he could never have one because he'd be using it all the time. lol! He also has a Blackberry.
We got rid of the landlines and now we only hear from the people that we want to hear from.
regular_smile.gif
(Except for the occasional person looking for the Inn since we ported the number to my dh's mobile). I do have a friend that uses her mobile phone as the biz phone number. She uses a computer fax program and ResNexxus takes the room charges up front for her.

Back