Need advice Christmas shopping for 10 yo girl please

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said something wasn't hip and my daughter said "Mom hip is not hip anymore."

May I hijack? Please?
I ask each of you this question. When you were 10 years old what sort of gift did you want?
(Being reasonable, ie not a new bike or watch that was something uber expensive in those days, but say a gift from an aunt or uncle what would you ask for or like?)
I look forward to reading your fun answers and reminiscing..
Barbie doll outfits - 10 year olds still played with Barbies in 1964. :) Also, I asked for simple jewelry. Not earrings though....I had to sneak off and pay to have my ears pierced when I was 16. (There were some mishaps with friends who tried to pierce other friends' ears.) LOL!

We have a 12 year old girl. For her birthday, we bought her a beautiful pendant from Wally World. She loves it. Wears it everywhere.

May I hijack? Please?
I ask each of you this question. When you were 10 years old what sort of gift did you want?
(Being reasonable, ie not a new bike or watch that was something uber expensive in those days, but say a gift from an aunt or uncle what would you ask for or like?)
I look forward to reading your fun answers and reminiscing..
Joey Bloggs said:
May I hijack? Please?
I look forward to reading your fun answers and reminiscing.
Goodness that is soooo long ago! I think that was the year I wanted (and actually got) a crenoline half slip. It was a lot of net gathered up that made your skirt full. We got a lot of clothes that Mom could make - and she could make anything and everything! I was a tomboy - by virtue of the fact I was doing men's work on the farm, I do not remember much kid stuff after age 5 when we moved to the farm permanently. It was Hopalong Cassidy and Howdy Doody prior to the farm. My aunt who had a TV moved and we moved and we did not have a TV until about 1957.

Back