Need advice on bath amenities

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, thank you everyone for your helpful ideas!
I have some questions about the shower dispensers. Do they all work basically the same way? Is there a particular brand that is more reliable and doesn't leak? Do they develop condensation on the inside (which would be off-putting I think).
In answer to an earlier comment, our market is a mix of people who live within the state in a larger urban area who want to come up for a week or a weekend, and out-of-state vacationers..
Greewich Bay sells large quanties of liquid soap for dispensers as well.

IMHO as a guest I am not fond of dispensers. I am not sure what is in them. You never know who will just put dish soap in one. No one here would but I am just saying. People do crazy things and I would like to have a sealed product.
I use Gilchrist and Soames. I love the way they look and feel.

We use a combo of both sealed and bulk. We provide bubble baths and shampoo/conditioner in bulk (pretty bottles), and we use Fuller soaps which are glycerine and individually wrapped and labeled with our name. We also use Gilchrist & Soames lotions which we buy in bulk and have individual dispenser bottles with the G&S label. We also sell all these products in our gift pantry area.

We use a combo of both sealed and bulk. We provide bubble baths and shampoo/conditioner in bulk (pretty bottles), and we use Fuller soaps which are glycerine and individually wrapped and labeled with our name. We also use Gilchrist & Soames lotions which we buy in bulk and have individual dispenser bottles with the G&S label. We also sell all these products in our gift pantry area..
I want to do bubble bath but was concerned it would leave more of a mess in the tub (standard tub, not jetted). What should I avoid to keep the cleaning to a minimum?

IMHO as a guest I am not fond of dispensers. I am not sure what is in them. You never know who will just put dish soap in one. No one here would but I am just saying. People do crazy things and I would like to have a sealed product.
I use Gilchrist and Soames. I love the way they look and feel..
sandynn said:
Consumer Reports once rated Ivory Dishwashing Liquid (Original) as the best shampoo available on the market. It does everything a shampoo is supposed to do and rinses clean. Completely balanced ph level. I know, it's odd, but true.

We use a combo of both sealed and bulk. We provide bubble baths and shampoo/conditioner in bulk (pretty bottles), and we use Fuller soaps which are glycerine and individually wrapped and labeled with our name. We also use Gilchrist & Soames lotions which we buy in bulk and have individual dispenser bottles with the G&S label. We also sell all these products in our gift pantry area..
I want to do bubble bath but was concerned it would leave more of a mess in the tub (standard tub, not jetted). What should I avoid to keep the cleaning to a minimum?
We buy ours in bulk from Nectarine which are all great products. They are not oily at all and are safe for whirlpool tubs. The eucalyptus mint is techincally a body wash, but it also makes a great bubble bath. The "Rain" fragrence is one that men like.
If guests make a lot of bubbles, it can be a pain to get rid of the leftover bubbles in the tub, but our guests love it. If there is a scum ring, the Mr Clean magic eraser works great!
If you plan on using bubble bath from a local store, I would test drive several of them and pick the one that leaves the tub the cleanest.

First, thank you everyone for your helpful ideas!
I have some questions about the shower dispensers. Do they all work basically the same way? Is there a particular brand that is more reliable and doesn't leak? Do they develop condensation on the inside (which would be off-putting I think).
In answer to an earlier comment, our market is a mix of people who live within the state in a larger urban area who want to come up for a week or a weekend, and out-of-state vacationers..
I do not like, and will never like the dispensers. I bring my own soap just in case I encounter them at a B&B/inn. No one will convince me that they are sanitary enough and I don't like the fact that in most cases the guest has no clue what is in the product that's in the dispenser.
You can get small enough individual soaps and/or bath amenities in "earth friendly" packaging that's not animal tested. More and more of those type products are becoming available at a reasonable cost. I would have explored these more when we ran out of the last line that I purchased.
I may be in the minority but you wanted to know....

I use Gilchrist and Soames. I love the way they look and feel..
sandynn said:
Consumer Reports once rated Ivory Dishwashing Liquid (Original) as the best shampoo available on the market. It does everything a shampoo is supposed to do and rinses clean. Completely balanced ph level. I know, it's odd, but true.
When I was a kid, we used dish soap instead of shampoo. Everyone used to ask me what shampoo I used, because my hair was so shiny, and they never believed me when I told them.
As a guest, I am also not entirely comfortable with dispenser shampoo etc. in the shower. I'm leaning toward individually wrapped soap, shampoo, conditioner and makeup remover. I love G&S too, but would like to find something sourced in the US.

I use Crabtree & Evelyn soap, shampoo, lotion, and bath gel. Guests love them.

We use a vinotherapy brand since we are in wine country. They make spa sized dispensers for their spas which I use, so you know what is in the pump. They were good enough for an upscale spa in Manhattan and nobody compains about them here. As a matter of fact they buy the retail size product I have here.
RIki

Lis7 said:
Hi all, so happy to find this resource.
I'm looking for advice on what to offer our guests for bathroom amenities like shampoo, conditioner, soap, and anything else that we should consider, like makeup remover or ???.
Which is best, individual items or items you would put in a dispenser? Personally, as a guest I would prefer individual items, but I realize that creates a lot of waste. What do guests like the best?
Also, what brands are best? Where do you buy these items?
Thanks!
Lis
What a surprise she is selling amenities and has posted under the resources page. She dare not post it here. After she LIED and asked what she could use for HER GUESTS.
COME ON FORUM MEMBERS! You have to be keen to this by now? RIGHT? These people come on here like flies, just think of it this way, if there is a way for the person asking the question to SELL SOMETHING then they are!
Masquerading as an innkeeper will get you banned!
https://www.innspiring.com/resources/tea/amenities

Back