Need Breakfast Ideas

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss O'Hara

Reaction score
Our town scored the amateur disc golf world championships. So I have a house full of disc golfers for the next week. I've never had the whole house full for a whole week with the same people. So I need large breakfast ideas. I have a couple but not a whole weeks worth. We're set up a little different with us living in a separate house and usually delivering breakfast to rooms or setting it up on the porch, buffet style. I think the porch buffet style is what is going to have to work for this week. I don't think things like pancakes and omelettes are feasible.
So, what's your go to large crowd breakfast?

Go to the recipe section here and find the Overnight Scrambled Eggs. I now call them "Decadent Scrambled Eggs" to my guests. You make it up the night before and cook it in the morning. If I know my guests eat pork, I chop up a bit of it and add it into the eggs.
You might want to do 2 pans of it, one with meat, one vegetarian.

Grrrrr, after messing with the stupid recipe page on this site, I gave up. Takes too dang long and doesn't do what I need, so I'll just list it here:
Cheesy Breakfast Potatoes
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup cottage cheese
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
12 oz frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
I make this up the night before and bake it in the morning, but you can just do it in the morning. I use frozen has browns and it turns out fine.
Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter and oil. Stir in flour and baking powder. Add cheese and potatoes. Spray 9x13 baking pan with Pam and bake mixture for approx 45 minutes. Top will be golden brown and inside will be moist, but able to hold together.
Makes 8 very large or 10 medium portions

Grrrrr, after messing with the stupid recipe page on this site, I gave up. Takes too dang long and doesn't do what I need, so I'll just list it here:
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
1 cup cottage cheese
I make this up the night before and bake it in the morning, but you can just do it in the morning. I use frozen has browns and it turns out fine.
Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter and oil. Stir in flour and baking powder. Add cheese and potatoes. Spray 9x13 baking pan with Pam and bake mixture for approx 45 minutes. Top will be golden brown and inside will be moist, but able to hold together.
Makes 8 very large or 10 medium portions.
Nom. I love cheesy potatoes! Thanks!

How many people is a 'whole house' for you?.
Luckily they're not all bringing spouses so I will only have 7 guests. Although now that I think about it I should double check with my husband. He took the reservation for my 2 bedroom and I don't know if he thought to ask how many would be coming. If they bring spouses I'd have 9 guests.

Disc Golf, are any vegetarian or mostly meat lovers? A nice buffet or "family style" table would be great. Change out the fruit offering and the carb each day and you can serve the basics every morning and they would be happy!
Congrats on getting the whole house booking.
thumbs_up.gif

Disc Golf, are any vegetarian or mostly meat lovers? A nice buffet or "family style" table would be great. Change out the fruit offering and the carb each day and you can serve the basics every morning and they would be happy!
Congrats on getting the whole house booking.
thumbs_up.gif
Thankfully no dietary restrictions to work around!! This booking is going to give us our best month ever, which makes me happy happy happy. :)

Have you checked with the 8 gals you have on here. I see they came up with some mint ice cream. I Have tried a few of their recipes. They seem to have a neat varity a bit of this and a bit of that!.

Baked eggs with potato latkes
Quiche
English muffin, bacon jam, sunny side up egg, slice of egg and the other side of the muffin.
Fritatta
Blintzes
Still need more?

Baked pineapple toast Sticks - double the recipe and make in a 9x13 will make plenty for 7 to 9 people.

Quiche is good. It can be served hot or cold. Bagels, yogurt, muffins. If you have a steamer tray you can make sausage and keep it hot.
Cheesy potato pie. (casserole made with potatoes, cheese and eggs)
Baked FT.
Will they all be eating together? If they are you can make usual stuff (pancakes, eggs) and keep them warm in the oven until they sit down. Waffles.

Look here:
http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=breakfast%20casserole&rs=ac&len=9
http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=breakfast%20recipes&rs=ac&len=5
http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=breakfast%20ideas&rs=ac&len=9
http://pinterest.com/michaelga/breakfast-in-bed/

6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup flour
1 cup cottage cheese
Makes 8 very large or 10 medium portions.
I've started making a hashbrown casserole (a little different than this), but have a few suggestions if you go with this one. I need my oven in the morning for other things as well - muffins, biscuits - so I've tried to lessen the baking time on this.
  • Thaw hashbrowns in the fridge the night before (if not longer)
  • Use room temperature eggs
  • Heat the milk slightly in the microwave before stirring in
  • Don't make the night before to leave in fridge overnight
  • Stir half-way thru the baking time, bringing the center out to the sides. (not sure if that's possible with this particular recipe with the eggs & flour - mine doesn't have that)
These are just a few tips I've learned with mine - the less cold it is when it goes in the oven, the less time it will take to bake.

Believe it or not, the easiest breakfast for us with a crowd is just the basics. (our full house is 16) Bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and a large slice of tomato, fruit cup, muffins. You can make the bacon early and reheat in oven right before serving, tomato is easy to slice, biscuits are out of the way & hands-free in the oven and a large skillet of scrambled eggs is the only thing that needs constant attention. We do the fruit & muffins first thing and have it out on the table when everyone comes down. So, the main entree is a second course to us in the kitchen also as far as prep/cook time goes.
This is another one that we serve alot:
Cheese Grits - serves about 6-7
  • 1.5c water
  • 1.5c milk
  • 1c grits
  • S&P to taste
  • 2T butter
  • 1c sharp cheddar cheese
Boil liquids, add grits and some pepper and stir constantly (be careful - it will splatter on you!). I then take it off the burner and let it sit a bit while I do other things so it will finish cooking/soaking. Then add butter and cheddar cheese. Stir until completely melted and combined. Salt to taste. Serve immediately. Add extra water if you need to thin it down.

Back