Need feedback on late check-ins

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In our confirmation, we advise guests who would like to take their time arriving that they will find a note on the door with their information in it after 7 PM. We run their card for the full balance at 7 PM and go about our evening.
I have been scolded by guests who did not arrive at all that I should have called them to remind them they had a rez. No. Adults need to act as such..
Madeleine said:
I have been scolded by guests who did not arrive at all that I should have called them to remind them they had a rez. No. Adults need to act as such.
Holiday Inn doesn't call me. Neither does Ritz Carlton. If you start calling them, you only train them to forget about their rez because the ball's now in the innkeeper's court to always call and remind them. If you don't start it, you won't later regret it.
I let RezKey do the reminding - Your reservation is in 3 days, We look forward to greeting you.
gillumhouse said:
I let RezKey do the reminding - Your reservation is in 3 days, We look forward to greeting you.
I've been trying to figure out how to do this on the Email Schedule. How do you set it up to be sent automatically 3 days before arrival? You're given a choice to have emails sent when the reservation is made, reservation 1st day, reservation last day or when there are additional payments, but not for a set number of days prior to arrival.

In our confirmation, we advise guests who would like to take their time arriving that they will find a note on the door with their information in it after 7 PM. We run their card for the full balance at 7 PM and go about our evening.
I have been scolded by guests who did not arrive at all that I should have called them to remind them they had a rez. No. Adults need to act as such..
Madeleine said:
I have been scolded by guests who did not arrive at all that I should have called them to remind them they had a rez. No. Adults need to act as such.
Holiday Inn doesn't call me. Neither does Ritz Carlton. If you start calling them, you only train them to forget about their rez because the ball's now in the innkeeper's court to always call and remind them. If you don't start it, you won't later regret it.
gillumhouse said:
I've been trying to figure out how to do this on the Email Schedule. How do you set it up to be sent automatically 3 days before arrival? You're given a choice to have emails sent when the reservation is made, reservation 1st day, reservation last day or when there are additional payments, but not for a set number of days prior to arrival.
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
go under email schedule and then default schedule, and if you have not altered it, there will be a triggering event that says "reservation first day" with a message line, then TO, CC, BCC and a drop down menu 'Send' with #'s in drop down for the number of days before the stay.

Madeleine said:
gillumhouse said:
Email Templates
ADD TEMPLATE
CLICK Here for a screen print http://twitpic.com/9c2skw/full
You can also add a thank you email so many days after their stay, automatic.
After you add this template then follow the steps Copperhead listed, as you will then see the choice of this IN THE DROP DOWN MENU to select it.

Madeleine said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
go under email schedule and then default schedule, and if you have not altered it, there will be a triggering event that says "reservation first day" with a message line, then TO, CC, BCC and a drop down menu 'Send' with #'s in drop down for the number of days before the stay.
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
Got it! Thanks!
thumbs_up.gif

Madeleine said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
Got it! Thanks!
thumbs_up.gif

And with the thank you for staying or any of the letters you set up to send, if you click on Correspondence you can personalize the standard letter you set up then save in queue and set the when to send - NOW or LATER.
I try to personalize the Thank you which also includes the link for should you wish to review us. The lady that came in while I was gone got a customized in 3-days e-mail that apologized for not getting to see her and thanking her for her pre-pay. The Thank you expressed the hope DH took care of things to her satisfaction and referred to the classes she was coming here for.

Madeleine said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
copperhead said:
Proud Texan said:
gillumhouse said:
Got it! Thanks!
thumbs_up.gif

And with the thank you for staying or any of the letters you set up to send, if you click on Correspondence you can personalize the standard letter you set up then save in queue and set the when to send - NOW or LATER.
I try to personalize the Thank you which also includes the link for should you wish to review us. The lady that came in while I was gone got a customized in 3-days e-mail that apologized for not getting to see her and thanking her for her pre-pay. The Thank you expressed the hope DH took care of things to her satisfaction and referred to the classes she was coming here for.
gillumhouse said:
I have a canned Thank You letter, that I customize before sending manually. I also include a link for review and discount code good for their next stay. 10 times out of 10, I get a review and have never had anyone (even return guests) use the discount code.

Back