Need idea for 2.5 gallon glass beverage dispenser

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay Nein

Reaction score
I have one of these:
00000103-Glass_Chrome_Beverage_Dispenser%5B2%5D.jpg

I need something to put in it for my networking event on Tuesday night. It's 2.5 gallons. Here are some Ideas I've been considering:
  • Fruit water (let fresh fruit steep in it overnight), but I tried a recipe and was just not keen on it.
  • Homemade lemonade - it takes over 2 cups of lemon juice just to make one gallon!!! (this is still my favorite idea, though)
  • Sun Tea
  • Punch
Any suggestions? Do you have a tried & true recipe you can recommend?
Thank you!!

Are you in the south little lady? You know the answer I am leading to TEA!
Make it a neat tea, use some citrus in it, and variety of teas. :) Let's call it the "Blue Ridge Blend"

Beer ;-).
Great idea... but that's a sore subject around here. (I don't know if I mentioned it before) We had an open house this time last year. Invitations said we'd have Wine & Appetizers. Someone snitched to City Hall (across the street from us!) and we got scolded. Alcohol is new in this town. They're pretty stingy. The list of things we would have to do to serve wine at the event was absolutely ridiculous (state, city & county event permits, someone with pouring license serving it, a non-profit to host it, and more)
Now, a local winery has offered to donate wine for us to serve. I had to decline (&$%!?$@#). I told her to bring a few bottles for door prizes. Maybe we'll get lucky and one of the winner will want to share
wink_smile.gif
Guests are allowed to buy wine and bring it here to drink.

Beer ;-).
Great idea... but that's a sore subject around here. (I don't know if I mentioned it before) We had an open house this time last year. Invitations said we'd have Wine & Appetizers. Someone snitched to City Hall (across the street from us!) and we got scolded. Alcohol is new in this town. They're pretty stingy. The list of things we would have to do to serve wine at the event was absolutely ridiculous (state, city & county event permits, someone with pouring license serving it, a non-profit to host it, and more)
Now, a local winery has offered to donate wine for us to serve. I had to decline (&$%!?$@#). I told her to bring a few bottles for door prizes. Maybe we'll get lucky and one of the winner will want to share
wink_smile.gif
Guests are allowed to buy wine and bring it here to drink.
A local bar offered to serve if we needed them to. They would do it under an event license that they have, they can do off site serving on a limited basis...maybe something like this would work for you.

If you want to do lemonade, how about a fancy one? Add a couple bags of frozen mixed berries to it ~ really great that way.

Back