Need opinions on a logo we are creating

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanctuary

Reaction score
The thread about mottos and logos innspired me to get that logo done. Here is a rough draft - what do you think? I'm concerned that the script "S" doesn't really look like a "S", but maybe it's just me. When you see this to do easily and instantly read "Sanctuary"? Once finalized, I want to paint this on the back of the boat and on each sides of the bow.
Also, on my website's home page, I want to re-do the buttons so that they are more interesting - I'm going to do a dolphin that lights up and jumps (a flash thingy) when you run your mouse over it. I'll run by you later. First the logo....
Thanks!
DolphinLogo.gif

i love the dolphin over the s. and the blue colors. nice! and fun.

I like the dolphin with the name, but I don't really get it with the logo itself.

really? people esp in the u.s. seem to love dolphins. to me it implies safety, and a serene place, like a dolphin might happily swim up to the boat.

We're on Biscayne Bay (Miami) doing yacht charters and dockside B&B. Biscayne Bay is known for its dolphin population. We often have a pod of dolphins surfing in our wake (waves) when we're underway in the bay. I wanted to incorporate the popular dolphin into a logo with the yacht's name, and hence, the name of our business. Initially, I was trying to make a "S" out of a dolphin, but we're not quite there yet.

really? people esp in the u.s. seem to love dolphins. to me it implies safety, and a serene place, like a dolphin might happily swim up to the boat..
seashanty said:
really? people esp in the u.s. seem to love dolphins. to me it implies safety, and a serene place, like a dolphin might happily swim up to the boat.
Actually, they have. I have a video of that, but it's on my other laptop. That was an amazing day. They were after a fish that was hiding between the steps of the swim ladder at the back of the boat. We had manatee at our "back door" that day too.

regular_smile.gif
i like it as it is.
that is exactly what i would think, seeing that logo ...
i won't go political but i have been really sad to learn how the dolphins that people swim with are captured. i was a 'flipper' fan and have listened to the original trainer who has changed his mind about what is done. so if these are 'wild' dolphins, i would be very happy to see them swimming along.

I love the dolphin over the "S", it fits perfectly and definitely gives me a warm fuzzy. Only thing I would suggest is a slightly darker color for the dolphin itself or else an outline so it stands out a bit more.

Having an L as a start letter in my name makes me see an L not an S.

The dolphin behind the lettering looks like a seagull.
Maybe the angle or its head? or the bottle nose is too sharp?

Maybe the angle or its head? or the bottle nose is too sharp?.
Jo Bloggs said:
You just had to go and say a "seagull", didn't you? LOL Now, I see a seagull intead of a dolphin. LOL LOL

Jo Bloggs said:
You just had to go and say a "seagull", didn't you? LOL Now, I see a seagull intead of a dolphin. LOL LOL
Sanctuary in Miami said:
Jo Bloggs said:
I'm sorry. Once I saw it that was all I could see as well. Like that drawing of the old woman and young woman, once you see it one way you can't see it any other...I knew that would be a dirty word to you so I had to tell you. Gulp.

Jo Bloggs said:
I don't see a seagull. I do however see and L instead of an S:-( But I do like where you are heading with this:)

I like it. You are right, tho'....the "S" is not immediately obvious...which is a good thing. It makes folks say "anctuary" in their heads.... then go back and supply the "S" and say it again. It's great because you are making folks say it twice and they are much more likely to remember it. BTW, we have a 5 room sternwheeler in Newport Bay, (The Newport Belle) I've stayed in. Great concept, great experience.

When I first looked the dolphin looked like a cowboy hat.......I see the dolphin now, but at first I was wondering!
embaressed_smile.gif

saw the 's' saw the dolphin ... no confusion here. rest on it for a day or so then take another look ... since you asked for critiquing, that's what you're going to get. the one it has to please the most is you.
but i love it.
thumbs_up.gif

When I first looked the dolphin looked like a cowboy hat.......I see the dolphin now, but at first I was wondering!
embaressed_smile.gif
Same here...for me it was a cowboy hat at first. Now its a dolphin...but it didn't pop for me initially.

Back