Need Prayers and Good thoughts right away

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
I could really use some prayers and good thoughts for a family member who is missing.
He has beginning alzheimers, gets confused at nite so never drives at nite, also has a heart condition. He went out around 3 pm was supposed to be back at 5. It is almost 1 am and he is not home. Police notified. Family has tried to retrace his route. No cell phone. I won't say if only as far as tracking and lojak go ...
Just please keep him in your prayers and thoughts and hope he is found okay and soon.
It has turned quite cold.
Thank you.

update ... he just got home. what a relief!!! he is very cold and hungry and frightened.
i am so grateful he is okay

yes!
we felt so helpless. the police said he could be anywhere. now that he is back, he does not know where he went. so much could have happened that did not. but it is a real wakeup call to the family ... and to his doctors who said 'he is fine' ... suddenly, he is not fine now so things must be modified.

glad to hear that he returned - thank goodness he was not harmed!

So glad he made it home. I will keep him and your family in my prayers as this is a difficult time and hard decisions must be made for his safety.
I had 2 friends at previous job that their mothers both wandered off walking the streets of our 'big city', one was found 3 days later (in a night gown) the other was well over a week. They both thought their mothers were fine staying alone at the house all day.
New we have an elderly couple we have 'adopted' that the husband has alzheimers and thier children live about 2 hrs away. She called one day frantic as he had taken the car and left. This was the first time since his diagnoses he had driven and she was frantic. We drove to several of his 'favorite' places in town, no sign of him...2-3 hours later, he returned. She is beside herself but is still in denial as well and will not take advise about taking his keys away or placing censors on the doors so she knows if he went outside. They live in a heavy wooded / swampy section and if he wandered in there....

I am happy he was found. I was just getting ready to put the SOSK on the job. Glad I finished reading first. However, I will ask the SOSK to put your family on the list. BTW, several have asked after you as you are on their list. E-mail me if you could please. There are more people who care about your well-being than you know.

I am happy he was found. I was just getting ready to put the SOSK on the job. Glad I finished reading first. However, I will ask the SOSK to put your family on the list. BTW, several have asked after you as you are on their list. E-mail me if you could please. There are more people who care about your well-being than you know..
gillumhouse said:
There are more people who care about your well-being than you know.
I second that

Glad to hear things worked out ok for this event Seashanty.

i was going to delete the original post since no one had answered when he was found, i looked for how to delete it but did not see it. sorry if anyone was alarmed.
i was literally pacing the floor, not knowing what to do so came in here ..... all these dark rural roads ... i was ready to head out with his daughter but it would have been so hard to do anything in the pitch black dark. that is one really difficult thing about country roads - they are so dark in this area, some without street lights, and little pathways, dirt roads .... especially near the home he lives in with his life. they love it, they built it ... i won't go on and on about it. i am sure you understand.
thanks.

i was going to delete the original post since no one had answered when he was found, i looked for how to delete it but did not see it. sorry if anyone was alarmed.
i was literally pacing the floor, not knowing what to do so came in here ..... all these dark rural roads ... i was ready to head out with his daughter but it would have been so hard to do anything in the pitch black dark. that is one really difficult thing about country roads - they are so dark in this area, some without street lights, and little pathways, dirt roads .... especially near the home he lives in with his life. they love it, they built it ... i won't go on and on about it. i am sure you understand.
thanks..
seashanty said:
i was going to delete the original post since no one had answered when he was found, i looked for how to delete it but did not see it.
Sorry that was a design choice I made early on in designing this site. I didn't want people deleting their posts because it removes anything of value that people put into the replies. Just editing it (to change the text) is one option or you can email me and I'll take care of it.

I spent ten years supporting my mom through alzheimer's. Wandering is chronic and will undoubtedly happen again. It is so common that there is a program that uses a bracelet with identifying information on it. It is called the Safe Return program. You can learn more about it here. http://www.alz.org/we_can_help_medicalert_safereturn.asp
May all future incidents have safe and happy outcomes.

I spent ten years supporting my mom through alzheimer's. Wandering is chronic and will undoubtedly happen again. It is so common that there is a program that uses a bracelet with identifying information on it. It is called the Safe Return program. You can learn more about it here. http://www.alz.org/we_can_help_medicalert_safereturn.asp
May all future incidents have safe and happy outcomes..
There is also a bracelet that has a tracking device. They put one on an autistic boy who was camping with his family last year in a wilderness area here last year - after they found him. He was an experienced hiker because the family did it a lot but he got lost for several days and does not communicate. If he gets lost now, they can find him within hours.

Back