Need recommendations for a coffee mug supplier

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Primland resort had a really nice set up in the bathroom with their specialty shampoos/soaps and on it was a little recycled paper on a cord that mentioned if we really enjoyed these and wanted to purchase we can have them added to our bill.
I thought it was a very classy thing to do, if we wanted MORE of these same products to take home. Have you considered putting a set in each room with a little card on them like this? Enjoy Black Rock Mugs at home - buy this pair for $11 or one for $6. Something like that? I ask as again, still considering this. But have a lot to put on them and it is a major decision on what goes on there. I have the line drawing and logo but you know me and my sayings. I would want it regional so they will really want on..
I won't put anything in the rooms that I then would expect a guest to pay extra for. I might put a line in the guest book tho.
Morticia said:
I won't put anything in the rooms that I then would expect a guest to pay extra for. I might put a line in the guest book tho.
I have the robes in the rooms, which guests can use while they're here but need to pay for if they want to take them home. Putting the mugs in the rooms wouldn't be worth it to me unless they were more expensive and I could figure out how to manage all the issues that SS mentioned. For what it's worth, the innkeepers who did that had the Deneen mugs (which I'm sure sell for more than $10) and seemed to have figured it out. Maybe they didn't have a lot of guests - we never got to financials with them for other reasons.
The first time we stayed at a place that had robes in the rooms I didn't know if we were allowed to touch them or if we were supposed to buy them. Just a brief 15 years ago at that! Heck at over $400/night I was afraid to touch anything for fear of breaking it!
Morticia said:
The first time we stayed at a place that had robes in the rooms I didn't know if we were allowed to touch them or if we were supposed to buy them.
I have a little note tied with ribbon on each robe that they are for the guests' use while they are here. If they want to take one home, the price is $$. The ribbon is tied around the arm of the hanger, so I can tell if the robes have been used or not. So far so good, except for the one guy in our detached bath room who told me he got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and was too groggy to figure it out, so he put the robe on with the hanger Carol Burnett style (about 4 minutes in).

I have emailed the mug company Inn to go mentioned as they don't seem to deliver in the UK
sad_smile.gif
so I have emailed them to see if I can get them to send to me.

That Primland resort had a really nice set up in the bathroom with their specialty shampoos/soaps and on it was a little recycled paper on a cord that mentioned if we really enjoyed these and wanted to purchase we can have them added to our bill.
I thought it was a very classy thing to do, if we wanted MORE of these same products to take home. Have you considered putting a set in each room with a little card on them like this? Enjoy Black Rock Mugs at home - buy this pair for $11 or one for $6. Something like that? I ask as again, still considering this. But have a lot to put on them and it is a major decision on what goes on there. I have the line drawing and logo but you know me and my sayings. I would want it regional so they will really want on..
Morticia said:
I have the robes in the rooms, which guests can use while they're here but need to pay for if they want to take them home. Putting the mugs in the rooms wouldn't be worth it to me unless they were more expensive and I could figure out how to manage all the issues that SS mentioned. For what it's worth, the innkeepers who did that had the Deneen mugs (which I'm sure sell for more than $10) and seemed to have figured it out. Maybe they didn't have a lot of guests - we never got to financials with them for other reasons.
The first time we stayed at a place that had robes in the rooms I didn't know if we were allowed to touch them or if we were supposed to buy them. Just a brief 15 years ago at that! Heck at over $400/night I was afraid to touch anything for fear of breaking it!
Morticia said:
The first time we stayed at a place that had robes in the rooms I didn't know if we were allowed to touch them or if we were supposed to buy them.
I have a little note tied with ribbon on each robe that they are for the guests' use while they are here. If they want to take one home, the price is $$. The ribbon is tied around the arm of the hanger, so I can tell if the robes have been used or not. So far so good, except for the one guy in our detached bath room who told me he got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and was too groggy to figure it out, so he put the robe on with the hanger Carol Burnett style (about 4 minutes in).
muirford said:
Morticia said:
Oh, gosh, I knew what clip you had as soon as I saw "Carol Burnett." I remember seeing that when it originally aired, and I am still hard-pressed to think of anything funnier that's ever been on television.
Except maybe the dentist skit with Tim and Harvey. :)

Back