Need some help about cancellation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
We have tried repeatedly to get in touch with a guest who is due in tonight. Used all of the phone numbers, email, emergency phone number that was in the email that said she was out of office. No replies to any of them.
WE need to cancel HER.
Given I have called multiple times to no avail, would you assume she was not coming anyway and would have been a no show?

Why do you need to cancel her? Does she not have a guaranteed reservation?

Why do you need to cancel her? Does she not have a guaranteed reservation?.
wendydk said:
Why do you need to cancel her? Does she not have a guaranteed reservation?
There are days when the innkeeper has an emergency situation arise and needs to have the guest stay elsewhere because they cannot stay in the inn building. You know, like fire, flood, etc. Not a problem with the innkeeper, but with the inn building itself.

I wouldn't necessarily assume she won't show, so I would make alternate arrangements for her with a nearby inn who hopefully will be understanding about the inability to contact her. Then expect her to arrive at your door.
We have had to send guests to other B&Bs when we've had a water main break. Nothing we could do - nobody had water and the health department wouldn't let you stay open.

i would assume she IS coming ... could be someplace with no cell signal and she is not carrying a laptop. on vacation, with a confirmed reservation, i would not be checking in with the places i'm staying to be sure i still have the room.
i am HOPING she is not coming, but i would make a reservation for her elsewhere and have insructions and info at the ready for her if/when she arrives.
sorry

I wouldn't necessarily assume she won't show, so I would make alternate arrangements for her with a nearby inn who hopefully will be understanding about the inability to contact her. Then expect her to arrive at your door.
We have had to send guests to other B&Bs when we've had a water main break. Nothing we could do - nobody had water and the health department wouldn't let you stay open..
I don't want to mess up another inn by making a rez for her and then she doesn't show there, either. The number I called last was clearly stated as 'Please use this number in an emergency.' I figured this was an emergency. It's not a long-distance trip. No planes involved or anything like that. I guess I just wait and see if she shows.

They called from the road. Never got any of the voicemails, only just checked email. Everything is squared away. Thanks!

Back