Need some input

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know how you go SS. Hope it all works out for the best. :).
thank you, all.
i know it's just ' stuff ' ... but some stuff is special.
not the fanciest set around, they are just so much a memory of mom.

got it!
when it arrives, and i take it from the box, i will know if it helps ......

got it!
when it arrives, and i take it from the box, i will know if it helps .......
Yeah !!!! I'm so glad. I get fixated by things sometimes and it's been on my mind constantly since I saw your first post. I'm really thrilled you got it.

i wonder why i am not thrilled?
i guess i am nervous ... hoping that it quiets the sad voice inside, maybe.
feeling blue ... i need to go to the cemetary to see if the stone i ordered was placed yet. i can't get anyone on the phone there and it seems i'm the only one of the 'sibs' willing to do this. ...... why??? most of them are so much closer to the place. they were all yammering to claim their momentoes but haven't time right now, blahblahblah.
i just have this sick, sad feeling that someone has the set. ..... (sigh) having a really hard time letting this go, aren't i? two years ago this week my dad died and i'm just so done with it all. but i miss my folks! miss my husband.
feel really alone and need a good kick in the pants.
sad_smile.gif

i guess i will go on easter when i drive up to have dinner with my children. that always cheers me up. i bought all kinds of silly easter goodie candy for them and their so's.

I'm glad you got the canister set! Sorry to hear about you feeling blue....here's some flowers to hopefully cheer you up a little.
flowergif.gif

feeling blue ... i need to go to the cemetary to see if the stone i ordered was placed yet. i can't get anyone on the phone there and it seems i'm the only one of the 'sibs' willing to do this. ...... why??? most of them are so much closer to the place. they were all yammering to claim their momentoes but haven't time right now, blahblahblah.
i just have this sick, sad feeling that someone has the set. ..... (sigh) having a really hard time letting this go, aren't i? two years ago this week my dad died and i'm just so done with it all. but i miss my folks! miss my husband.
sad_smile.gif

i guess i will go on easter when i drive up to have dinner with my children. that always cheers me up. i bought all kinds of silly easter goodie candy for them and their so's..
I understand the blue. It isn't necessarily that the other sibs don't care - it is probably just not as much and in different ways.
True Colors would show, I think, that you are a Blue - feelings. Your sibs may be Green - just the facts please (think engineer) or Gold - let's get this organized or Orange -spontaneous. Each works through things a different way. I have some glasses that I found in an antique shop that I will not part with because they remind me of my brother - he used a glass like this for his milk. It will hold a regular milkshake! a quart maybe?
Look on the cannister set as it brings back memories of Mom and work on blocking out the sad thoughts. Seeing Mom with this set is what it is all about. Screw the family!!!

I don't think you need a kick in the pants. It's o.k. and perfectly normal to feel a little "blue". It's o.k. to be sad when you miss someone who has died, whether it was yesterday or years ago. You miss them. Feeling that way doesn't diminish the joy and happiness you feel when you are with others, it just means that you miss them. I think the canister set will help on some days, and not on others. It's how life is sometimes. But I'm very glad you got it.

sad_smile.gif

i guess i will go on easter when i drive up to have dinner with my children. that always cheers me up. i bought all kinds of silly easter goodie candy for them and their so's..
seashanty said:
but i miss my folks! miss my husband.
sad_smile.gif
Heavens no, you don't need a good kick in the pants. You need a good hug. You are sad and down, but this too, shall pass. Weeping lasts for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
I am sending hugs and prayers for comfort your way.

sad_smile.gif

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Have a Happy Easter! I know that they will enjoy their Easter goodies. I still make Easter baskets for my guys. :)

you are all so sweet and i'm not going to say any more sad things today.
chef.gif
maybe it's time to bake again.

Yes, buy it, it will help...I occassionally run across similar things that my mother and grandmother had that went to other family members, even just cookbooks or a piece of china and if I can afford them, I get them, it does make you feel them near...
heart.gif

you are all so sweet and i'm not going to say any more sad things today.
chef.gif
maybe it's time to bake again..
Bring on the BAGELS!!
Hey, we finally had some time this weekend to go and find the ONLY bagel shop here in our city which oddly enough is on the main campus of our university. Victory was ours when we found where to park to get "to go" orders. Now I know where to go when I get the cravings from seeing your photos. :) I don't have the patience for making them.

So glad you have them. They don't have to be the originals to have the same memories...

Happy for you! Made me teary-eyed reading it- I miss my dad too. Thoughts are with you, have a good visit.

It's the memories that they create that will get you through the tough times. Remember they are always with you, just look within.

Yes, buy it, it will help...I occassionally run across similar things that my mother and grandmother had that went to other family members, even just cookbooks or a piece of china and if I can afford them, I get them, it does make you feel them near...
heart.gif
the canister set arrived this afternoon.
i was a little nervous opening the package.
pulling out the plastic packing and some annoying packing peanuts.
then seeing the first cover i started to cry.
very strange feelings came over me. i took out each one and put the covers on them. largest one, mom put flour in. next size was oreo cookies for my dad. next was sugar and smallest was tea. doesn't matter what they were supposed to be used for, that was our setup.
years ago, when my children were young and my mom was ill, i started housecleaning for them. $50. a week. they would put the money in the tea canister on fridays. if they weren't home when i went in, my dad would leave me the same note 'have some tea and see.' and in with the salada tea bags, in a plastic baggie, would be the money. i haven't thought of that in a long time.
lifting off the cover on the tea canister makes this distinctive faint woosh and a little bit of a metallic sound. then putting back on, a little 'clink'. and ... it is the SOUND. i can close my eyes, and i am there in that kitchen. i kept doing it over and over again, saying to myself ... 'it's the sound'
i wish so much i had the originals ... but this is close. tomorrow, i'm going up to the cemetery to check on the stone and talk with my folks.
thank you, all
heart.gif

i know it's not THE set, but it's close!

You brought tears to my eyes too. I am SO happy the canisters arrived safely!
heart.gif

Back