Need someone to pay you to help out ?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I believe someone here mentioned this the other day. We have a few folks here who do this already.

Hang on a sec....I'm choking on my coffee. I don't even know where to begin on this one! This is NOT a way to get paid to have help.
I have been a VocationVacations mentor for a number of years. When the aspiring innkeeper leaves my place after 2 nights, I'm exhausted. They are not paying a lot of money to just clean the rooms. As a mentor, I feed as much "Innkeeping 101" into them as they can take. It's like doing a 3 day aspiring innkeeper course. They need to learn not only about housekeeping and cooking, but also about purchasing and inn, marketing and websites, financially what it takes to make their dream job happen and how to deal with PITAs. I have also created a binder they take home with them with a lot of resources and information.
The people who have been with me for this experience take it very seriously as do I.

jbj does this ~ maybe for a few years now. am curious to know how this works for her. if she's gotten many participants.

Hang on a sec....I'm choking on my coffee. I don't even know where to begin on this one! This is NOT a way to get paid to have help.
I have been a VocationVacations mentor for a number of years. When the aspiring innkeeper leaves my place after 2 nights, I'm exhausted. They are not paying a lot of money to just clean the rooms. As a mentor, I feed as much "Innkeeping 101" into them as they can take. It's like doing a 3 day aspiring innkeeper course. They need to learn not only about housekeeping and cooking, but also about purchasing and inn, marketing and websites, financially what it takes to make their dream job happen and how to deal with PITAs. I have also created a binder they take home with them with a lot of resources and information.
The people who have been with me for this experience take it very seriously as do I..
Sorry BD I did not mean to imply that it was a joke. I just was trying to come up with a catchy line to catch your eye so I could get some input on this.
I have trained people in other types of jobs and I am exhausted at the end of the day. I get a headache from so much talking.
It reminds me a little of the sign at the auto repair shop :
repairs 50.00 hr
if you fixed it yourself first 75.00 hr
if you want to help 125.00 hr
Aloha
regular_smile.gif

The people who have been with me for this experience take it very seriously as do I..
Sorry BD I did not mean to imply that it was a joke. I just was trying to come up with a catchy line to catch your eye so I could get some input on this.
I have trained people in other types of jobs and I am exhausted at the end of the day. I get a headache from so much talking.
It reminds me a little of the sign at the auto repair shop :
repairs 50.00 hr
if you fixed it yourself first 75.00 hr
if you want to help 125.00 hr
Aloha
regular_smile.gif

No problem Crystal. It's just that on certain subjects on this forum we need to be careful about the information that goes out. There are a lot of aspirings out there who get a lot of quality information on this site.
Hey, you caught my eye! I guess it worked.
wink_smile.gif

This is an on the job training, it is like the vocation vacation race car driver - here are the keys hand me the money. Not quite.
May I suggest a correction of the title of the thread "Here's a way for YOU to pay to help" ha ha
In the long run, I think if most innkeepers could have done this they might have saved themselves much heartache, financial distress and worse! I saw this program featured on the morning show and a couple others.

Back