Need to spank this guest!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I swear I do not know what I am going to do with this guest! She is in her third week here - working as a welder's helper on a pipeline. The only exceptions I have ever made re construction workers was for ladies. Last weekend I took her around and showed her where the produce store was and took her to the boots place. Today she insisted on taking me out to lunch and then we went to the winery/distillery to do some tasting (she could not buy the shine because it is Sunday). Then we went to the minature golf course where all the holes are mine equipment. We had a ball and she would not let me pay for anything. She had asked me earlier if I had thought about getting small refrigerators for the rooms. I said i had thought about it but had not gotten around to doing it yet. She asked if I would mind stopping at Wally wo rld - no problem. She comes out with a refrigerator and a nuker and she plans to leave them here when she leaves! I was floored!!

That is simply sweet. You can send her here next..
This morning while I was at church, she cleaned her room, changed the sheets, and cleaned her bathroom! Although she has no problem with sharing the bathroom. 3 times since she came, I had a request from people working together needing 2 rooms since we do not have any with 2 beds. All three times I cut a deal that they both used the private bath (twice it was men). It worked for them and it worked for me. She told me I should have charged regular rate and she would have shared, but #1 I did not want to do that and #2 I doubt if they would have stayed at regular rate. It was revenue I would not have had otherwise - biz travelers.

Don't spank her..Give her a big hug!!! my guy innkeeper friends have had several repeat customers do such things for them. One guest gave them blue ray dvd players for all their rooms! Gotta love those kind of guests.

Reminds me of a story. We stayed at a hotel in LV, NV that had TVs but not remotes. I couldn't stand it, so we went by Targét and bought a basic remote for $5 and we left it in the room.
She will enjoy using it while she is there and then you can enjoy it after. Make her something that she will enjoy or bake her something and leave it in the fridge along with some drinks as a special surprise for her to stay thanks!

Now, that's hospitality! She could open up her own b&b.
K, you've made such a wonderful impression on her....way to go!

She really knows what being a good guest is all about!! I'm sure her generousity will come back to her 10 fold! Glad you have such a nice guest.
thumbs_up.gif

Reminds me of a story. We stayed at a hotel in LV, NV that had TVs but not remotes. I couldn't stand it, so we went by Targét and bought a basic remote for $5 and we left it in the room.
She will enjoy using it while she is there and then you can enjoy it after. Make her something that she will enjoy or bake her something and leave it in the fridge along with some drinks as a special surprise for her to stay thanks!.
She wanted 2 of my new mugs for her sister's birthday present which I helped her pack with bubbles (also a couple quarts of shine she bought from a co-worker) and she left money on the table this morning to pay for the mugs and mailing. The money is still there and will be.
In addition to the coffee I make for her every morning, I put out a banana and granola bars. I do not know how to do a no breakfast stay - it is not in me. She has been such a great guest that you just WANT to do something extra for her. Then she goes and does this!

She will enjoy using it while she is there and then you can enjoy it after. Make her something that she will enjoy or bake her something and leave it in the fridge along with some drinks as a special surprise for her to stay thanks!.
She wanted 2 of my new mugs for her sister's birthday present which I helped her pack with bubbles (also a couple quarts of shine she bought from a co-worker) and she left money on the table this morning to pay for the mugs and mailing. The money is still there and will be.
In addition to the coffee I make for her every morning, I put out a banana and granola bars. I do not know how to do a no breakfast stay - it is not in me. She has been such a great guest that you just WANT to do something extra for her. Then she goes and does this!
gillumhouse said:
I do not know how to do a no breakfast stay - it is not in me.
Now that's a tshirt slogan.
Meanwhile the pgrm that Cambs is always mentioning is trying to push the charge extra for breakfast at B&B's (late rooms I think it is called) which sounds like expedia or priceline.

Please take the money. You are insulting her by leaving it there. OR, hand it back and say the mugs were a gift. But don't just leave the money.

Please take the money. You are insulting her by leaving it there. OR, hand it back and say the mugs were a gift. But don't just leave the money.
Madeleine said:
I took your advice. I gave her the money and told her the mugs were a gift. I cheated on how much it cost to mail her sister's package (lowball) and let her pay me that. I also told her that if she wants to go places on her day off, I am up for it BUT only as Dutch Treat. She feels so grateful to be where she feels at home. I told her it is a good thing for us also - she is respectful of our home etc so we are even there. I think we have gone back to where things should be in understanding what is. Thanks, Maddie, I was uncomfortable about how to handle it - no one has done anything like that before. I am used to the "take it all and no tip" guests.

Madeleine said:
I took your advice. I gave her the money and told her the mugs were a gift. I cheated on how much it cost to mail her sister's package (lowball) and let her pay me that. I also told her that if she wants to go places on her day off, I am up for it BUT only as Dutch Treat. She feels so grateful to be where she feels at home. I told her it is a good thing for us also - she is respectful of our home etc so we are even there. I think we have gone back to where things should be in understanding what is. Thanks, Maddie, I was uncomfortable about how to handle it - no one has done anything like that before. I am used to the "take it all and no tip" guests.
Maddie!
That is the name we chose for our new dachshund! A German name, but something one could easily pronounce and not alientate someone.
Gillumhouse - yes sounds like a wonderful guest. Two of our memorables are someone who has stayed here 3 times and taken us out to dinner. Quite a pair!
Also, hubby's birthday was last week. In the middle of the night, another guest went to the store a few miles away, got him a bright, cheerful birthday balloon, a wonderful card and a pretty bag of simple, but nice gifts. WOW!

Madeleine said:
that was the way to do it - a good compromise! its like I was saying yesterday to one of the chaps I am interviewing for extending the wi-fi - women business travellers don't want to sit in a bar where its noisy and try and do work while being interupted by people all the time - they want to be able to work in their room in privacy.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
She will enjoy using it while she is there and then you can enjoy it after. Make her something that she will enjoy or bake her something and leave it in the fridge along with some drinks as a special surprise for her to stay thanks!
Let me get this straight: TV in LV, NV. I NV you.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Proud Texan said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Fine... television in Las Vegas, Nevada. Still had no remote. I think the last time I saw a TV without a remote was the 70s. Damn... I'm OLD

Back