Negative Review!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
Yelp sent this in their weekly update for our b&b. I think it's some good advice.
Don't Let Bad Reviews Scare You
This Halloween season there are plenty of things to be afraid of, but a negative review on Yelp shouldn’t be one of them. In fact, most reviewed businesses have at least one negative review. If you don’t have one yet, understand that someday you might.
Let’s be honest: you can’t please 100% of your customers 100% of the time. You’ve got to cut yourself some slack. Why? Because your customers do. In fact, businesses with a mixture of negative and positive reviews on their page often receive more traffic than listings with only 5-star reviews.
Keep in mind that you can always respond to your negative reviews. We recommend a diplomatic, private response to 1- or 2-star reviewers. Sometimes, customers will update their review after being approached by an apologetic (or apologetic-sounding) business owner.
So, this Halloween season, don’t be afraid of your negative reviews.

You can update it? Wow that is good to know.
I got that email as well.

I got that email as well..
Joey Bloggs said:
Update what? I guess I'm not understanding your question.
Breakfast Diva said:
Joey Bloggs said:
You posted:
Sometimes, customers will update their review after being approached by an apologetic (or apologetic-sounding) business owner.

I got that email as well..
Joey Bloggs said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Joey Bloggs said:
You posted:
Sometimes, customers will update their review after being approached by an apologetic (or apologetic-sounding) business owner.
Joey Bloggs said:
Breakfast Diva said:
Joey Bloggs said:
You posted:
Yes, on YELP, you (the review writer) can go in to any of your previous reviews and do an update. I've done it a few times on my account when I've got to a restaurant I gave a review and had a different experience the next time. You can also change the rating and give it either more or less *
Also, as a business owner, you can offer discounts just for your yelpers. Claim your business listing, put all your info and offer discounts if you'd like. You get a weekly YELP update which tells you how many page views your listing got that week.
I like YELP a lot, but typically it's better in urban areas.

Back