Nekkid eggs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Is it just me or is there a spate of guests who will not eat eggs as the chicken produces them...ie- as eggs? I can't count how many comments I've gotten in reservations lately that the guest doesn't eat eggs and a follow-up email determines that they won't eat eggs that look like eggs but it's not an allergy. It's an aversion.

I had a walk-in last night, same deal. Asked if he could have something for breakfast other than eggs. He wasn't allergic, so waffles, pancakes and the like were no problem. It was no problem to make waffles, since it was just him.
I think I still get more low sugar (diabetic) or gluten-free (which is often code for low-carb) than anything else, though.

We get lots of folks who don't like "eggs" and just eggs...but in a casserole or FT/pancakes they are fine.

I am really to the point I want to cook my eggs or won't eat someone else cold or undercooked or overcooked eggs. But I won't say that, I will just be a gracious guest and be thankful for whatever lovely meal is presented. :)
and of course, something "eggy" is even worse. That is why I can't swallow that overnight baked french toast...
This is a good poll question Ike.
wink_smile.gif

I am really to the point I want to cook my eggs or won't eat someone else cold or undercooked or overcooked eggs. But I won't say that, I will just be a gracious guest and be thankful for whatever lovely meal is presented. :)
and of course, something "eggy" is even worse. That is why I can't swallow that overnight baked french toast...
wink_smile.gif
And I only like MY scrambled, fried, poached, or hard boiled eggs...anyone else's just don't do the trick.
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif
And I only like MY scrambled, fried, poached, or hard boiled eggs...anyone else's just don't do the trick.
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
I think it's this job! I used to love breakfast out somewhere and would get breakfast at any time of the day it was available. Now? Ha. I went to my book group today and another innkeeper and I were looking at the fritatta and we both said, 'Ugh, who wants a fritatta???'
Also, cannot eat pancakes or french toast at a diner any more. Cardboard. Hate the smell of eggs cooking. Can't stand the smell of coffee brewing. I used to be a picky eater growing up, grew out of it and am growing back into it.
If we go out for breakfast I order a sandwich. It's that bad.

wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
I think it's this job! I used to love breakfast out somewhere and would get breakfast at any time of the day it was available. Now? Ha. I went to my book group today and another innkeeper and I were looking at the fritatta and we both said, 'Ugh, who wants a fritatta???'
Also, cannot eat pancakes or french toast at a diner any more. Cardboard. Hate the smell of eggs cooking. Can't stand the smell of coffee brewing. I used to be a picky eater growing up, grew out of it and am growing back into it.
I think you might be onto something here. We are to the point where it's 10 AM and we're making a sandwich...by that time of morning you're just so OVER breakfast.
Luckily coffee hasn't been ruined for me yet...I'm dreaming of the day when we're retired from here and my mornings are filled with just MY coffee, and I can sit and drink it and watch the birds to my heart's content!

wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
I think you might be onto something here. We are to the point where it's 10 AM and we're making a sandwich...by that time of morning you're just so OVER breakfast.
Luckily coffee hasn't been ruined for me yet...I'm dreaming of the day when we're retired from here and my mornings are filled with just MY coffee, and I can sit and drink it and watch the birds to my heart's content!
Don Draper said:
when we're retired from here and my mornings are filled with just MY coffee, and I can sit and drink it
And it's HOT from start to finish!!! :)

wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
Don Draper said:
We must be sharing the same dream!
What makes it tough is that I have moments of that reality for a couple of days, then have to leave it. Our retirement "happy house" is sitting there waiting for me/us. I won't be able to be there again until probably Oct. My breakfast there consists of a bagel...something I never serve with breakfast, so I consider it my own (DH hates bagels). HEAVEN!

wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
Don Draper said:
when we're retired from here and my mornings are filled with just MY coffee, and I can sit and drink it
...and I can't wait until I can quit my day job and just work at home at the B&B and the wine tours!!!!!
Right now we blocked off two days and DH is finishing the siding and the new commercial well is being connected.
Next he starts on getting the heat/air set up.
Fingers crossed I can quit in Feb - I want to wait until after Jan when we can double check our insurance and add more to our homecare insurance package. I think once I'm gone I can't add to it but can pay to keep it.
Riki

wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
Don Draper said:
...and I can't wait until I can quit my day job and just work at home at the B&B and the wine tours!!!!!
Right now we blocked off two days and DH is finishing the siding and the new commercial well is being connected.
Fingers crossed I can quit in Feb - I want to wait until after Jan when we can double check our insurance and add more to our homecare insurance package. I think once I'm gone I can't add to it but can pay to keep it.
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
Riki, I don't know how you do it all! I'll cross my fingers too in hopes that Feb will be the time!

wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
Don Draper said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
Riki, I don't know how you do it all! I'll cross my fingers too in hopes that Feb will be the time!
I had one last year and another is coming next month.

Same here the "i dont eat eggs" then I start asking if they are allergic or would they eat eggs in a casserole, quiche, french toast. WTH-if no eggs then oatmeal it is-ha ha ha
Oct we go to NJ-yup out retirement house is closed up-but thats were i wanna see the birds with coffee. Yup by the time season is over -i am so OVER BREAKFAST.
But we are all expert breakfast makers huh?

wink_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif

Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
Don Draper said:
Riki
I truly don't know how you manage to do both, you're amazing. I hope it all works out exactly the way you want!

I do not like "runny" eggs but have been getting sunny side up since i arrived. It is in front of me, I eat it. I will not insult the girlfriend by saying anything. On these camping trips, she has been the cook - I do not invade another woman's kitchen - and I get to haul the dishes over to the wash-up area and do clean-up.
Fair division of labor.

I think a lot of folks might be leery of how other people prepare "just eggs" or nekkid eggs. There are so many people that can't make good regular eggs - the scrambled eggs are too dry & overcooked, over easy eggs aren't set enough, etc. So, maybe they are just more comfortable with pancakes and waffles for breakfast.
Or, maybe they are expecting something more glamorous at a B&B than plain ol' eggs?

I do not like "runny" eggs but have been getting sunny side up since i arrived. It is in front of me, I eat it. I will not insult the girlfriend by saying anything. On these camping trips, she has been the cook - I do not invade another woman's kitchen - and I get to haul the dishes over to the wash-up area and do clean-up.
Fair division of labor..
You will be happy here as I never fix eggs without them being in something. I cannot eat eggs that have any I mean any runny white. I makes me gag. DH asks why do you even order them. I like them but not runny white. I tell the waitress if you think they are not good at fixing them this was please tell me and I will order something else. Three things I cannot eat is runny white, liver and lima beans.

Fair division of labor..
You will be happy here as I never fix eggs without them being in something. I cannot eat eggs that have any I mean any runny white. I makes me gag. DH asks why do you even order them. I like them but not runny white. I tell the waitress if you think they are not good at fixing them this was please tell me and I will order something else. Three things I cannot eat is runny white, liver and lima beans.
I'm with you on the eggs and liver :) I hate any part of the egg runny which is why I always order scrambled :) And NOTHING on this earth could ever get me to eat liver !!!

Fair division of labor..
I'm with you on the eggs and liver :) I hate any part of the egg runny which is why I always order scrambled :) And NOTHING on this earth could ever get me to eat liver !!!
I can't stand to smell liver either.
Last month we went out to breakfast and I sent them back for a second time and out them came with runny white. I told the waitress never mind. I just left them. She insisted to do over again and I said it the cook can't do in two tries it is not going to happen.

I think a lot of folks might be leery of how other people prepare "just eggs" or nekkid eggs. There are so many people that can't make good regular eggs - the scrambled eggs are too dry & overcooked, over easy eggs aren't set enough, etc. So, maybe they are just more comfortable with pancakes and waffles for breakfast.
Or, maybe they are expecting something more glamorous at a B&B than plain ol' eggs?.
Or like my DH, who just doesn't like plain eggs at all. He'll choke down scrambled, but forget fried, hard boiled, etc. But egg casseroles, bakes, he loves (with ketchup or hot sauce, which breaks this egg purists' heart!!!).

Back