Netflix's documentary 'The Voyeur' about a peeping innkeeper. Creepy, creepy!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. G

Reaction score
Just thought I would throw that out there to you all. Maybe you've seen it. It's on Netflix and the innkeeper sets up his small motel in Denver so that he can peep through vents at his guests. His wife goes along with it and they keep this a secret from the wife's elderly mother and the couple's two kids who all live at the motel too. This man thinks he is doing this more as a legit researcher and takes copious notes, data and studies the behavior, ie mostly intimate behaviors, of the guests. Creepy, very creepy! 😲

Voyeur documentary .jpegimages.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember reading either a book or a short story like this. The guy used to crawl through the attic. He was very upset when one couple turned off the lights and he couldn’t see them. Went outside, pulled his car up to the windows, turned on the headlights, then went back to the attic. Yes, it was creepy.

I remember reading either a book or a short story like this. The guy used to crawl through the attic. He was very upset when one couple turned off the lights and he couldn’t see them. Went outside, pulled his car up to the windows, turned on the headlights, then went back to the attic. Yes, it was creepy.

That's him! Aside from his bizarre peeping, he does give insights throughout the documentary about being an innkeeper and how it has shaped his views of life, people, relationships. The one time over many years that he says he almost got caught was when he saw someone wiping greasy Kentucky fried chicken fingers on the bedspread and yelled, "son of a **&%" through the vent but the man went to the window and thought someone was outside.

So, we just moved into a motel while we wait for the movers to bring our furniture. This is not making me a happy camper. 😉

So, we just moved into a motel while we wait for the movers to bring our furniture. This is not making me a happy camper. 😉
I would literally have a heart attack or stroke right there on the spot if I looked up into the vent and saw that man's face with his tinted 70's glasses staring down at me. I believe he gets Creepiest Innkeeper Award second to Norman Bates.

Last edited:
Back