Never fails - Mother Murphy is at it again!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
If I pack an extra person in at the table, we have a no show. We have two no shows today and I am ticked. Is there a reason they cannot let you know - even with a note asking them to let you know if they will not be making breakfast.
On top of it, this single guest just cannot work out the kettle for hot cocoa. He pours the water in without heating it, which i showed her last night, and this morning. Flip this switch - the red light means it is heating the water. DUH! So when she shoved her hot cocoa cup at me when I had a tray in my hand I dropped the tray and now my foot is totally swollen up. The show must go on!

smileystooges.gif
some people do not listen and some just can't seem to DO for themselves. today we have the MR waiting on the MRS in all areas. i think it has to be this way ... she could not figure out the coffee urns or the toaster. he seems to wait on her all the time.
yet, i have another guest, sweet sweet young lady with a 1000 watt smile. i just noticed she is missing a hand. and i only noticed it because she was holding a jam jar in an odd way. when she was trying to open a new juice bottle, i did ask if she needed help because there is one of those pull tab things to open the seal ... but i asked it in a way i would ask anyone. she said, 'nope ... all set here.' so i smiled and continued with the conversation i was having with another guest.

Yup, there si something about that kettle thing that gets them everytime. I've had the same thing. 'Here, the water's cold, put this in the micro.'
Yes, it's a kettle but that doesn't mean the water is hot. You have to turn it on first. We do heat it up first thing, but if you come for brekkie at 9:30, it's gonna be tepid at best.

Yup, there si something about that kettle thing that gets them everytime. I've had the same thing. 'Here, the water's cold, put this in the micro.'
Yes, it's a kettle but that doesn't mean the water is hot. You have to turn it on first. We do heat it up first thing, but if you come for brekkie at 9:30, it's gonna be tepid at best..
I have a little place card tent with instructions how to turn the kettle on so no problem with the tea drinkers. However, the coffee drinkers think that kettle has the coffee! They totally miss the stainless steel carafe with the little place card sign that says COFFEE!!
whattha.gif

Yes, it's a kettle but that doesn't mean the water is hot. You have to turn it on first. We do heat it up first thing, but if you come for brekkie at 9:30, it's gonna be tepid at best..
I have a little place card tent with instructions how to turn the kettle on so no problem with the tea drinkers. However, the coffee drinkers think that kettle has the coffee! They totally miss the stainless steel carafe with the little place card sign that says COFFEE!!
whattha.gif

My coffee drinkers think the kettle is the milk dispenser.

hahaha i have little tent cards and but some guests just do not read them ... so ... tepid water in their cocoa ... cofee dispensed into a tea pot ... one man poured oj into his coffee .... blech. maybe they come in to breakfast still 1/2 asleep.

whattha.gif

Samster said:
whattha.gif
I have had that too. Not sure about people. I showed this gal and then I showed her again. I guess she thought it heats it once a day or some weird wacked out idea. She is a struggler, let me say that, in all areas.
My foot is swelled up and my big toe is a little dark. DANG IT! I have rooms to do today.

My kitchen is still part of one of my suites. The Suite that is booked most often. This week had guests for 4 days in the suite. In evening some time on 2 of the 4 days, they took a pyrex type pitcher out of the cupboard and heated water for tea on the stove.
There are 2 microwaves and an electric pot to heat water. So guess they couldn't figure out how to use any of them. :cry:
As soon as we start renovating that part of the house, my kitchen will be locked with only me having the key. Guess until them I will be more vigilant about kitchen off limits, use the beverage center.

My kitchen is still part of one of my suites. The Suite that is booked most often. This week had guests for 4 days in the suite. In evening some time on 2 of the 4 days, they took a pyrex type pitcher out of the cupboard and heated water for tea on the stove.
There are 2 microwaves and an electric pot to heat water. So guess they couldn't figure out how to use any of them. :cry:
As soon as we start renovating that part of the house, my kitchen will be locked with only me having the key. Guess until them I will be more vigilant about kitchen off limits, use the beverage center..
hawley said:
As soon as we start renovating that part of the house, my kitchen will be locked with only me having the key. Guess until them I will be more vigilant about kitchen off limits, use the beverage center.
Wait - someone put pyrex on the stove to heat water? That is on a par with the person pouring biuling hot water into a thin plastic cup from the water dispenser.

As soon as we start renovating that part of the house, my kitchen will be locked with only me having the key. Guess until them I will be more vigilant about kitchen off limits, use the beverage center..
hawley said:
Wait - someone put pyrex on the stove to heat water? That is on a par with the person pouring biuling hot water into a thin plastic cup from the water dispenser.
I said pyrex but it was actually corning ware. But still not appropriate for electic burner if turned up high.
Why do you think I bought those water pots when Sue found them. Can't lock them out of kitchen yet. Can only lock everyone else out.
Going to talk to dh about putting up a temporary partial wall with a door in it and I can lock it. He won't understand why.

hawley said:
I said pyrex but it was actually corning ware. But still not appropriate for electic burner if turned up high.
Why do you think I bought those water pots when Sue found them. Can't lock them out of kitchen yet. Can only lock everyone else out.
Going to talk to dh about putting up a temporary partial wall with a door in it and I can lock it. He won't understand why.
hawley said:
corning/pyrex. So they could think to put a corning ware dish on an element but not use a microwave or electric kettle. THIS TAKES THE CAKE!

hawley said:
hawley said:
corning/pyrex. So they could think to put a corning ware dish on an element but not use a microwave or electric kettle. THIS TAKES THE CAKE!
Yup!

hawley said:
hawley said:
He doesn't have to understand, he just has to do it, right?
wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk.

JBJ, How's the foot?.
penelope said:
JBJ, How's the foot?
poiple.
Worse part is it is where my sandals hit, the whole top and forward. It is just bruised real bad. Only hurts now when something pushes on it, like shoes...which I have to wear.
cry_smile.gif

So sorry to hear that.
I know you are on the "got to wear shoes in the house" team, but couldn't the owner get away with slippers just for a few days?!

Back