Never happy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Went from 65 and cloudy this AM to 85 and sunny this PM. I'm dying. Not used to the heat. For the first time this summer I have a sleeveless shirt on.

I'd pay you for your "heat". Try temperatures of 103 with humidity of 85%. That's normal summertime temps here.

There was a spot on the national new about Texas last night. Saying about how bad the heat & drought is for you guys. Our drought last summer was pretty bad here too, they were saying how we needed to ration our inside water and no outside watering at all, they were worried about not having drinking water....scary! Then at least we had some rain in the Winter and we had the wettest Spring so we are in good shape this year.
I like my temps at an even 73!

For the first time this summer I have a sleeveless shirt on.
Oh for the days prior to flying squirrels when I could wear sleeveless shirts.

Oh for the days prior to flying squirrels when I could wear sleeveless shirts..
gillumhouse said:
I can't recall who it was, but a comedian who spoke about his granny's flying squirrels saving his life (in the days before seat belts) at a sudden stop. :) I think he called them "wings" in his story.

There was a spot on the national new about Texas last night. Saying about how bad the heat & drought is for you guys. Our drought last summer was pretty bad here too, they were saying how we needed to ration our inside water and no outside watering at all, they were worried about not having drinking water....scary! Then at least we had some rain in the Winter and we had the wettest Spring so we are in good shape this year.
I like my temps at an even 73!.
GeorgiaGirl said:
I like my temps at an even 73!
We're having a somewhat wet end of July, which is unusual. Last year about this time our pond was about 6 feet below level. This year we're only down about 2 feet.
Unfortunately, the rain doesn't cool anything off. It just increases the humidity.

gillumhouse said:
Been mowing on my tractor shirtless since last month. Good thing we live in the boonies, it ain't a pretty sight.
smiley-whacky011.gif

gillumhouse said:
I never said it was a pretty sight...but there comes a day when I just can't stand it any longer. Won't wear the sleeveless to serve brekkie, tho. Ewww.

gillumhouse said:
I never said it was a pretty sight...but there comes a day when I just can't stand it any longer. Won't wear the sleeveless to serve brekkie, tho. Ewww.
Bree said:
gillumhouse said:
I know, I know. My wife complains that she has her grandmothers arms. You know the kind where you wave at someone and then your arm keeps waving all by itself?

gillumhouse said:
Bree said:
gillumhouse said:
I know, I know. My wife complains that she has her grandmothers arms. You know the kind where you wave at someone and then your arm keeps waving all by itself?
You know the kind where you wave at someone and then your arm keeps waving all by itself? = Flying Squirrels

Been hot and dry here too most of the summer. So glad to get some rain today that I did not even consider using an umbrella...it felt soo good! And I could even hear the grass give a nice ahhhhh.

gillumhouse said:
Bree said:
gillumhouse said:
You know the kind where you wave at someone and then your arm keeps waving all by itself? = Flying Squirrels
gillumhouse said:
oooooooooh! I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.

Back