Never say never

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
There ya go. I said I wouldn't do it and you would have just seen me sticky taping notes to the front door. "Please keep door closed" thank you and other little tid bits.
I have officially crossed the line to crotchety now and there is no turning back!

We are, luckily, in the between season...no A/C and no heat. Right now I don't care if the door is open because it's not costing me money. But heaven help them when either heat or A/C is on!

I am beyond crotchety at this point and I had a revelation this morning.
1 nighters=PITA!!!
These folks tracked in more grass into my house in 12 hours than my kid has ever tracked in, in the 3 years we've lived here.
I will never understand how a person can cr*p all over the toilet, I mean the top of the seat, and while I know they are thinking, "oh the innkeeper will clean it up", that they wouldn't clean it off out of courtesy to the other guests they are sharing the bathroom with! There is a scrubber six inches from the tank!
They can put a newspaper in a trashcan, I'll give a point for that, but I deduct 3 for not putting it in the f-ing recycle bin that is 3 feet away from the trashcan marked "recyclable paper"!
There was more hair in this bathroom than you will find on a gorilla and "hair" is a homonym for "hare" for a reason, they multiply while you are trying to clean them.
1 nighters NEVER read your policies or confirmations and that is why when you are serving them breakfast, THAT is when they tell you they don't eat meat. (If they had read any of it, they would have told you ahead of time.) That is why they always show up 1-3 hours late for check in, that is why they get the speech when you catch them smoking where they shouldn't be smoking, etc. I could go on for days.
What is UP with the spitters, man! I mean does ANY of the toothpaste actually make it in the sink? It seems to be everywhere BUT the sink, how does someone brushing their teeth manage to get toothpaste and spit three feet above their face on a mirror? Not to mention the ones that don't even try and just spit all over the sink fixtures, is an 18 inch wide, 12 inch deep sink really not big enough for you to make it in the general proximity of the drain?
1 nighters are harder on your place, they know they will be there for such a short time they don't care how they treat your linens, your common areas,etc. Hotel/motel mentality. They are the ones who wipe their made up faces and tanning cr*p all over your nice white towels, AND THEY DROOL, as evidenced by the pillow coverings that all have to be put into the deep clean.
There, I feel better. Guess I'll go have a glass of wine now.
tounge_smile.gif

And so she calls - she is like an infant, I need to walk her through everything.
"I am not looking at..."
me "Does the URL say ...."
Yes, but now I am lookign at...
10 minutes of this and she says, here's the thing we are coming from ohio and our friends from Philly, is there anything to do there?
I repeat the ten pages of things to do plus blog. Do you see any of that?
"Well is it anything we would enjoy?"
WHAT THE! How the heck do I know.
So she says, "we will be coming from a really long way, it may be just too far for us to meet there."
me again, look at the locations page so you know where we are located. We have guests from MASSACHUSETTS TONIGHT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
I thought I heard the gate open so got off to greet the new guests checking in. False alarm, they were not at the door. Oh well...got off with that one.
PS Pls ignore all typis i have a hedache

1 nighters=PITA!!!
These folks tracked in more grass into my house in 12 hours than my kid has ever tracked in, in the 3 years we've lived here.
I will never understand how a person can cr*p all over the toilet, I mean the top of the seat, and while I know they are thinking, "oh the innkeeper will clean it up", that they wouldn't clean it off out of courtesy to the other guests they are sharing the bathroom with! There is a scrubber six inches from the tank!
They can put a newspaper in a trashcan, I'll give a point for that, but I deduct 3 for not putting it in the f-ing recycle bin that is 3 feet away from the trashcan marked "recyclable paper"!
There was more hair in this bathroom than you will find on a gorilla and "hair" is a homonym for "hare" for a reason, they multiply while you are trying to clean them.
1 nighters NEVER read your policies or confirmations and that is why when you are serving them breakfast, THAT is when they tell you they don't eat meat. (If they had read any of it, they would have told you ahead of time.) That is why they always show up 1-3 hours late for check in, that is why they get the speech when you catch them smoking where they shouldn't be smoking, etc. I could go on for days.
What is UP with the spitters, man! I mean does ANY of the toothpaste actually make it in the sink? It seems to be everywhere BUT the sink, how does someone brushing their teeth manage to get toothpaste and spit three feet above their face on a mirror? Not to mention the ones that don't even try and just spit all over the sink fixtures, is an 18 inch wide, 12 inch deep sink really not big enough for you to make it in the general proximity of the drain?
1 nighters are harder on your place, they know they will be there for such a short time they don't care how they treat your linens, your common areas,etc. Hotel/motel mentality. They are the ones who wipe their made up faces and tanning cr*p all over your nice white towels, AND THEY DROOL, as evidenced by the pillow coverings that all have to be put into the deep clean.
tounge_smile.gif
Toothpaste high up on the mirrors is from the flossers, not the spitters. ugh. Flossers like that need to learn how to lean over the sink. HA!
Sounds like you need more than a glass of wine...you might need a whole bottle
wink_smile.gif

What is UP with the spitters, man! I mean does ANY of the toothpaste actually make it in the sink? It seems to be everywhere BUT the sink, how does someone brushing their teeth manage to get toothpaste and spit three feet above their face on a mirror?
You mentioned hares...maybe they are bucktoothed.
teeth_smile.gif

1 nighters=PITA!!!
tounge_smile.gif
winewitch said:
1 nighters=PITA!!!
tounge_smile.gif
I'm drinking, too, in sympathy...

1 nighters=PITA!!!
tounge_smile.gif
winewitch said:
1 nighters=PITA!!!
tounge_smile.gif
I'm drinking, too, in sympathy...
I will have a beer or two for her too tonight at the ballpark
teeth_smile.gif

What is UP with the spitters, man! I mean does ANY of the toothpaste actually make it in the sink? It seems to be everywhere BUT the sink, how does someone brushing their teeth manage to get toothpaste and spit three feet above their face on a mirror?
teeth_smile.gif
LOL Have I ever mentioned my theory that when somebody tells you they are a vegetarian or vegan that the liklihood that they are major shedders goes up four-fold? I think innkeepers are the only ones who could put this theory together as they see both the food going in and the hair coming out on the shower floor.

teeth_smile.gif
LOL Have I ever mentioned my theory that when somebody tells you they are a vegetarian or vegan that the liklihood that they are major shedders goes up four-fold? I think innkeepers are the only ones who could put this theory together as they see both the food going in and the hair coming out on the shower floor.
swirt said:
No, but the likelihood of odiferous sheets/pillowcases is up four-fold as they do not wear antiperspirant or other evil chemicals like that, so the natural smells permeate the room a bit more. NO OFFENSE to non meat eaters or natural folks. It is just what happens.

So there is the door AJAR with the sign on it this morning.
See that is the thing guys, if you post a sign, they will rebel and NOT OBEY the sign. There is the sign and there is the door - right there and me standing in the foyer before I slam it shut.

1 nighters=PITA!!!
tounge_smile.gif
At choir practice last night, I learned another homonym for Hair and Hare, it's the German word for " Lord"..."Herr", so while you are cleaning and screaming in your mind, "hair, hair, hair!!!" , you are also appropriately screaming, "Lord, Lord, Lord!"
Yes, I am a choir dork.

1 nighters=PITA!!!
tounge_smile.gif
At choir practice last night, I learned another homonym for Hair and Hare, it's the German word for " Lord"..."Herr", so while you are cleaning and screaming in your mind, "hair, hair, hair!!!" , you are also appropriately screaming, "Lord, Lord, Lord!"
Yes, I am a choir dork.
Willowpondgj said:
Yes, I am a choir dork.
Perhaps most of us remember that from The Sound of Music...now there's a few tunes to hum while cleaning Herr Hare Hair!
The tub is alive with the sound of mooooozak

1 nighters=PITA!!!
tounge_smile.gif
Yes, I am a choir dork.
Willowpondgj said:
Yes, I am a choir dork.
Perhaps most of us remember that from The Sound of Music...now there's a few tunes to hum while cleaning Herr Hare Hair!
The tub is alive with the sound of mooooozak
You will like this... My son is practicing the Hedwig theme from Harry Potter on the piano and apparently there is a cricket in the piano, singing back to him! How'd he get in there?
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
every time he pauses, it chirps.

we recently posted a small not on our entry door. at first i thought it might be tacky or something but after i chased the 100th house fly/june bug/moth, i do not care if it seems tacky. It's careless on the guests part!
when i left the door open after myself when i was a kid, my dad would say, "were you brought up in a barn?"

we recently posted a small not on our entry door. at first i thought it might be tacky or something but after i chased the 100th house fly/june bug/moth, i do not care if it seems tacky. It's careless on the guests part!
when i left the door open after myself when i was a kid, my dad would say, "were you brought up in a barn?".
If you're in the country, you can get away with signs like, "If you like raccoons in your room, leave the door open."
raccoondoor.jpg
(photo is not mine...not my house...not my cabins)

when i left the door open after myself when i was a kid, my dad would say, "were you brought up in a barn?".
If you're in the country, you can get away with signs like, "If you like raccoons in your room, leave the door open."
raccoondoor.jpg
Can I play???? MMMM, not your picture, not your house, not your cabins . . . . mmmm . . . are theyyyyyy . . . your . . . GUESTS??????
(what do I win?)

raccoondoor.jpg
Can I play???? MMMM, not your picture, not your house, not your cabins . . . . mmmm . . . are theyyyyyy . . . your . . . GUESTS??????
(what do I win?)
Bzzzt. Sorry thanks for playing. Unfortunately the correct answer is, they are my inlaws.

<just kidding>

raccoondoor.jpg
(what do I win?)
Bzzzt. Sorry thanks for playing. Unfortunately the correct answer is, they are my inlaws.

<just kidding>
swirt said:

<just kidding>
Wait . . . now that you mention it . . .
COUSIN STEVE IS THAT YOU??????

Back