New 25% flavor BB.com netrate program

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briarrosebb

Reaction score
I think we will do this.
>>>>
Good afternoon,
NEW PRICING OFFER: Reduce your commission costs by 17%! Switch to the "preferred participation" level by November 30 and you'll get three months of membership for free!
Thank you for your participation in the BedandBreakfast.com Online Reservations program. We are pleased to announce a lower pricing option for our program participants!
Starting today, October 30, you can change to our new pricing option, or you can stay with the existing one:
25% preferred participation level: This brand new option gives you more income on each reservation. With a minimum commitment of your room availability, the percentage you retain increases to 75%. Here's how it works:
Requires a minimum inventory commitment of 10% of your rooms at all times for one year, based on availability.
Properties with 1-14 rooms: One room allotted to system at all times.
Properties with 15-24 rooms: Two rooms allotted to system at all times.
Properties with 25-34 rooms: Three rooms allotted to system at all times
30% standard participation level: This is the same pricing structure we have always offered. If you prefer to stay with this option, nothing will change, and you don't have to do a thing.
To sign up and switch to the new lower pricing level, log in to your Home Base on BedandBreakfast.com by clicking here. Once logged in, click the link that reads Upgrade to preferred contract. Please review and complete the new pricing level Agreement. Once submitted, your net rates in our system will automatically update to the new pricing level. Your account manager will contact you to answer your questions and help you complete the set-up process.
Properties that switch to the "preferred participation" level will receive three months of membership for free! Make the switch by November 30 to take advantage of this limited time offer.
Please consider switching to this new pricing level. You can receive more reservations, and make more money on the reservations you receive!
Sincerely,
Tim Wilson
<<<<

Commit to one room every day? Yes I know I could close it out at anytime, but for those of us with only 4 rooms, we KNOW that we cannot commit to 25% of our rooms every day.
I would have liked to have seen: Commit to 1 rooms at least 50%? 60% of the year.
I already moved off their res system a while back, but I have to say I do not believe this "incentive" to be valuable enough to make me change back, or to switch my option had I had one!

I have 3 rooms. I would have to commit 1 room to them all the time. If I had 2 rooms full and had a call for the 3rd room, would I have to turn them away to wait for B&B.com to fill it?

No, I believe you can close out any time and that is why I am confused about this new program.

I don't think this is a good option for me either. Maybe if you're a larger property it does. But it would mean commiting 1/5 of my rooms. I just don't see that many folks even coming to me from that directory yet either. I'm getting better hits off my C&VB now or just straight Google searches. My TA reviews are helping my placement, I think.
regular_smile.gif

I don't think this is a good option for me either. Maybe if you're a larger property it does. But it would mean commiting 1/5 of my rooms. I just don't see that many folks even coming to me from that directory yet either. I'm getting better hits off my C&VB now or just straight Google searches. My TA reviews are helping my placement, I think.
regular_smile.gif
Yes, trip advisor reviews do affect google ratings .... currently ... who knows if that will change

I have 3 rooms. I would have to commit 1 room to them all the time. If I had 2 rooms full and had a call for the 3rd room, would I have to turn them away to wait for B&B.com to fill it?.
hawley said:
I have 3 rooms. I would have to commit 1 room to them all the time. If I had 2 rooms full and had a call for the 3rd room, would I have to turn them away to wait for B&B.com to fill it?
The post above says, 'As availability allows' or something similar. So, no, you would not have to leave that room open for bandb guests to find. You book it, you take it out of inventory. I'm not even sure at the point where you have 2 rooms booked you would even need to leave that 3rd room on bandb at all. It's best to call them and ask.

regular_smile.gif
Yes, trip advisor reviews do affect google ratings .... currently ... who knows if that will change
Hey guys - let me clarify,
You put one room in the system initially. You need to keep that room in the system as long as you have a substantially similar room available. If you sell out, then you close it down. It is if you sell out of that room type as well - If you only give us a queen room for example, and you sell your queen room - and you only have a king room left, then you still close down, you do not have to give us a different room, unless you want to. If you have two queen rooms that are similar, and you only sell one, we'd expect you to keep one available.
Hope that helps to clarify. The goal with the program is to get innkeepers a break on the rate, while trying to get more consistent inventory in front of the consumer. I'm sure it is not for everyone, but we've a LOT of innkeepers sign up in the first days.
JB

regular_smile.gif
My TA reviews are helping my placement, I think.
TA reviews help your position in the local search listings (the group of usally 10B&B's placed on a map). They don't do a thing for listings outside of those results. Reviews from bedandbreakfast.com have the same impact. Though it is possible that reviews on bedandbreakfast.com will also help increase your spot outside of local search because there is a link to your website on those reviews, where there is no link on tripadvisor to your site.

regular_smile.gif
Hey guys - let me clarify,
You put one room in the system initially. You need to keep that room in the system as long as you have a substantially similar room available. If you sell out, then you close it down. It is if you sell out of that room type as well - If you only give us a queen room for example, and you sell your queen room - and you only have a king room left, then you still close down, you do not have to give us a different room, unless you want to. If you have two queen rooms that are similar, and you only sell one, we'd expect you to keep one available.
Hope that helps to clarify. The goal with the program is to get innkeepers a break on the rate, while trying to get more consistent inventory in front of the consumer. I'm sure it is not for everyone, but we've a LOT of innkeepers sign up in the first days.
JB
Hi, John -
In our implementation of your system, technically every single room is a rate type. From common sense, I can accept that some of these rooms are actually the same type, but the details are unclear and revolve around what is "substantially similar". I would argue that these factors distinguish rooms:
  • rate tier (from room size, condition and amenities)
  • bath facilities (tub or shower)... some guests need a tub and some rooms don't have them
  • number and size of beds (including sofa-sleepers)
  • accessibility (second floor without elevators is different from main floor)
In other words, if rooms have the same rate, the same bath facility, are on the same floor, and have the same count and size of beds then they are the same type. Otherwise, not. Is that fair?

I think you are right - common sense is the key though. I'd have to look at what you might think is different, but I'm not that worried about it. 99% of innkeepers will make the right judgment call - there are so many variables - I don't think we can decide everything in advance. We want to have more consistent inventory, and by getting in we were able to negotiate a better price on the effective commission.
Certainly if you have one room with a bathroom, one shared - those are pretty different. Certainly 2 dbls vs a king, or a full or queen - very different. Room with fireplace, vs. room without - very different if you price them differently. Basement room vs. top floor with view - very different if you price them differently. Rooms that you individually sell for substantially different prices for whatever reason - very different.
I have my own opinions on the best strategy for our product coming from my airline yield management background for properties that have the luxury of being full on a lot of days of the year. That is to pick two "generic" room types and make them available to distribution like ours. Call them 2dbls/1 king - whatever they are. If someone wants a specific room - then they can come and book on your website. But you can sell them a generic room through distributors - then put them in whatever room you didn't sell on your own - up to the last minute. Of course my own opinion on peak day pricing for B&B's is that everyone sells themselves short and prices way too low... but that is another topic.
We KNOW that for every rez that gets booked through our system, 2 more get booked on your site - so the people who want specific rooms and have the time to visit you will go to your site after seeing your rate on us, then book the room they want - you win - you pay nothing. The person who is trying to quickly make a booking on our site will be happy with the generic room - get them too and you cover both bases.

Back