New Amenities

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone! I am looking to change my bath amenities. I have been using Archive, and they're fine, but I want to provide products that are a bit nicer. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I have Gilchrist & Soames. The amenities aren't too pricey, but the shipping costs are ridiculous! Be sure to factor shipping costs into your decision. I order $240 worth of amenities at a time but the shipping was $40! I'm thinking of switching to purchase toiletries from American Hotel Register Co bc I think their shipping is free.

I once got a bad review that mentioned that the shampoo was from China. I hadn't noticed. We bought it because it was called "Seabreeze" or something ocean-y. He was right, they were from China but wtf?

I once got a bad review that mentioned that the shampoo was from China. I hadn't noticed. We bought it because it was called "Seabreeze" or something ocean-y. He was right, they were from China but wtf?.
Imagine having that much time on your hands that you can check where everything is from. Wonder what he does about a car... where there are parts made everywhere.

I have Gilchrist & Soames. The amenities aren't too pricey, but the shipping costs are ridiculous! Be sure to factor shipping costs into your decision. I order $240 worth of amenities at a time but the shipping was $40! I'm thinking of switching to purchase toiletries from American Hotel Register Co bc I think their shipping is free..
American hotel shipping is not free. It's very pricey.

We use H2K - https://www.h2kskincare.com/ - made in my town and they have their own shop here - cruelty free and parben free (don't know that they are but apparently they are bad - smell super amazing and we sell a lot of the hand lotion as a take away gift - also have a deal with the shop 10% off for our customers if they go there
Also some people are against chinese stuff as they have mandatory animal testing of skin products and makeup

We use H2K - https://www.h2kskincare.com/ - made in my town and they have their own shop here - cruelty free and parben free (don't know that they are but apparently they are bad - smell super amazing and we sell a lot of the hand lotion as a take away gift - also have a deal with the shop 10% off for our customers if they go there
Also some people are against chinese stuff as they have mandatory animal testing of skin products and makeup.
Jcam said:
Also some people are against chinese stuff as they have mandatory animal testing of skin products and makeup
I have no issue with that, but I'm just buying shampoo so my guests have some. I found the comment in a review to be a little picky.

I have Gilchrist & Soames. The amenities aren't too pricey, but the shipping costs are ridiculous! Be sure to factor shipping costs into your decision. I order $240 worth of amenities at a time but the shipping was $40! I'm thinking of switching to purchase toiletries from American Hotel Register Co bc I think their shipping is free..
Morticia said:
Correct. I buy very few things from them. Expensive.

I think it's lovely that you want to provide nice soaps and shampoos.
Do you remember the little b&b I stayed in that offered shampoos and soaps that were all random samples and things from other hotels? Most half used. Soggy soap in the shower stall. That place is still in business. The real, old fashioned 'you can stay in a room in my home for the night' kind of b&b. Empty pizza boxes on the porch when you come in. You can join the folks in their living room and watch what's on the tv. Personal clothes in the closet and bureaus. Grammy's hair curlers and old fashioned bonnet hair dryer on the night stand. And a jack and jill bathroom. LOL Her place was an air bnb long before air existed. Nice lady.

I use Gilchrist & Soames "spa" line, and purchase by the gallon and have aquamentities dispensers. We buy ours from a wholesaler (paper supply), who happens to also carry hospitality products for many of the hotels in our area.

I get shampoo & condition by the gallon at Sally's (beautician supply) and put it in pump bottles and my soap is locally made goat milk soap - I get unsented and since it is local, no shipping charges.
I get honey locally (no shipping) and although my maple syrup comes from my "home territory" which is about 125 miles away, I get it when they are driving down my way (we meet at a gas station at the Interstate exit) or we meet near their farm when I am visiting "home" (no shipping).

I think it's lovely that you want to provide nice soaps and shampoos.
Do you remember the little b&b I stayed in that offered shampoos and soaps that were all random samples and things from other hotels? Most half used. Soggy soap in the shower stall. That place is still in business. The real, old fashioned 'you can stay in a room in my home for the night' kind of b&b. Empty pizza boxes on the porch when you come in. You can join the folks in their living room and watch what's on the tv. Personal clothes in the closet and bureaus. Grammy's hair curlers and old fashioned bonnet hair dryer on the night stand. And a jack and jill bathroom. LOL Her place was an air bnb long before air existed. Nice lady..
I stayed at some of these years ago in England. Great for a young backpacker. Way better than the hostels then.

Morticia said:
Correct. I buy very few things from them. Expensive.
I still use Greenwich Bay. Custom "Your Inn" labeling. Free shipping in large quantities.

My liquid soap, conditioner, shampoo, and body lotions come from Gilchrist & Soames using their nice wall-mount dispensers (below). My unscented glycerin bar soap, shower caps, shoe mitts, vanity kits, bath grains, etc. come from Greenwich Bay.
post-6889-0-95617600-1392198742.jpg

We just purchased the Aquamenities 3 bottle mounts for our showers (11 rooms) and the generic bottles to fill with whatever brand we choose. We will likely go with Gilchrist and Soames Bee Kind product line.
We want to use some pump hand soap at the sinks but couldn’t decide on the wall mount yet. We may end up doing that with Aquamenities, as well.
We are also having a local goats milk soap maker do our smaller soap bars with custom labeling to offer our guests.

We just purchased the Aquamenities 3 bottle mounts for our showers (11 rooms) and the generic bottles to fill with whatever brand we choose. We will likely go with Gilchrist and Soames Bee Kind product line.
We want to use some pump hand soap at the sinks but couldn’t decide on the wall mount yet. We may end up doing that with Aquamenities, as well.
We are also having a local goats milk soap maker do our smaller soap bars with custom labeling to offer our guests..
I suppose it all depends on how classy our guests are, or how classy we think they are, but after 20 plus years I had one guest comment that our (cheap) soap wasn't that great, and after going to nicer soaps maybe 5 years ago I've had exactly one guest comment that the soap was nice. Maybe I just attract ordinary folks, but I wonder how many "really" care?

Im filling up the $20 dispenser from BBB with suave (or whatever is the best on sale!) and everyone seems happy soap is
available!
Screen%20Shot%202019-01-03%20at%201.10.04%20PM.png

Im filling up the $20 dispenser from BBB with suave (or whatever is the best on sale!) and everyone seems happy soap is
available!
Screen%20Shot%202019-01-03%20at%201.10.04%20PM.png
I use similar and never had a complaint yet. There are a few that bring bar soap.... we have to strip the shower after they leave... they are completely clueless to how much work a bar of soap (other than castile) creates.

There is this cool toilet paper storage device on Amazon called "Koribox". I use it for toilet paper but I have an other one for soap and wash cloths. Comes in 9 different designs, is super strong and it is easy to clean.

Back