New Blog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously I am a little late, but I am trying to kill time whilst waiting for guests. I love your blog - especially the "staying with friends" one. You have a knack for writing so when you are done being an Innkeeper will you consider it as a 2nd career?

Thank You! A good friend told me that just yesterday. It means alot that the 2 of you say that because I often thought that if I could be "famous" for something, I would like it to be for writing. I will definetly look into it as my next career.

Also loved the "staying with friends"......... those I call friends of the five senses Not the virtual kind populating the social media (time/poor tech/ rich)........ I work as a medical provider and could not sustain a meaningful life without the see, hear, taste, smell, touchy/feely type contacts. That's why (on "retirement") I am panning to convert from aspiring to Inspiring like you guys. domsmom ,believe me ,your friends are much more real. JJ

Also loved the "staying with friends"......... those I call friends of the five senses Not the virtual kind populating the social media (time/poor tech/ rich)........ I work as a medical provider and could not sustain a meaningful life without the see, hear, taste, smell, touchy/feely type contacts. That's why (on "retirement") I am panning to convert from aspiring to Inspiring like you guys. domsmom ,believe me ,your friends are much more real. JJ.
flossy said:
Also loved the "staying with friends"......... those I call friends of the five senses Not the virtual kind populating the social media (time/poor tech/ rich)........ I work as a medical provider and could not sustain a meaningful life without the see, hear, taste, smell, touchy/feely type contacts. That's why (on "retirement") I am panning to convert from aspiring to Inspiring like you guys. domsmom ,believe me ,your friends are much more real. JJ
Better known as "Perspiring" :)

Loved staying with friends and you are absolutely correct in saying that we are all "called" to become Innkeepers. My hubbie asked me just the other morning-is it the Inn or the Innkeepers that make the stay enjoyable-I say its the Innkeepers. Unless of course the Inn is in such disrepair that nothing will make it enjoyable.
We owned a B & B and now we "work" for a B & B-but we are Innkeepers nonetheless and loving what you do makes you indispensable-I truly believe that the Innkeepers make the Inn.

That is lovely. Two of the countries of coffees I have on hand are Zimbabwe and Zambia. Eerie.

Like your "Why Zimbabwe" blog a lot, especially the part on crossing the Zambia/Zimbabwe border. I did that a couple of times back in 1980 /1983 when I lived on the Zambian Copperbelt for a few years, so I know the feeling, patience, patience and more patience.... We went twice to Victoria Falls, oh, the feast of recognition!
We have planned an "Afrika" room theme, and a "Why AfrIka" blog soon to come......

teeth_smile.gif
you are recollecting your own memories from my blog.
Next will be Why China?
Maybe not till my FFA group of 12 check in tomorrow night.
-then there may be a - Why FFA? just kidding.

teeth_smile.gif
you are recollecting your own memories from my blog.
Next will be Why China?
Maybe not till my FFA group of 12 check in tomorrow night.
-then there may be a - Why FFA? just kidding..
FFA - as in Future Farmers of America??

Back