New Breakfast Photo

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
We don't have an inn the dining room so I put this inn the kitchen. I took some new breakfast photos yesterday. I made an extra serving of breakfast - not my premier dish, guests could not have sugar - but it gave me a chance to do a new breakfast photo. This is my antique Steubenville Pottery china. I bought it because it is the city I was born in - Mom did not trust the Follansbee hospital. I digress. Anyway, here it is.

It looks very nice.
I have that same coffee caraffe!
Have you considered adding place mats? I didn't use them at first but now that I do I don't have to wash my tablecloths as often, and they look really nice.
=)
Kk.

I going to quote that movie, Sunset Boulevard...Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
Get right in there so you can see the FOOD, THAT'S what sells. Gather the rest of the items in closer, but they should be background for the shot. A HINT of what else is there, but the food is what sells. The beautiful dinnerware, the lace tablecloth, all of that will also be featured in a close up.

Very nice! Next time you take the photo, include a splash of color with flowers or something as most of the food is yellow and tan looking. :) And like Bree says, don't be afraid to get closer.

cheers.gif

It looks very nice.
Have you considered adding place mats? I didn't use them at first but now that I do I don't have to wash my tablecloths as often, and they look really nice.
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
It looks very nice.
=)
Kk.
She has chargers. Same same.

This was the fist time I ever made French Toast for guests. I had a no sugar restriction and had not gone to the store for Splenda brown sugar. The FT recipe was with Stevia nd the muffins were carrot w/chopped prunes and walnuts made with Stevia. The yellow/tan effect is due to the gold charger and the goblets are amber.

I too would like a close up shot...I'd get rid of the oj pitcher and some of the other extraneous items on the table. I want to see the yummy food close up.:)

I too would like a close up shot...I'd get rid of the oj pitcher and some of the other extraneous items on the table. I want to see the yummy food close up.:).
Now that we have the 'guest' computer, I put up a screen saver that flashes pix of the inn. One of them is a brekkie pic. We have been asked repeatedly if we can serve that for breakfast when guests see the pic pop up. You can almost reach out and grab the fork when this pops up on a 17" monitor!
waffleswberriessm.JPG

mr favorite photo of all time was the one on top of the newspaper. I will have to find it, I just loved that idea! Mill Pond B&B I think?

I wonder if it will pop if it's on a dark tablecloth instead of a white one, like a navy blue colored tablecloth...?
Riki

I wonder if it will pop if it's on a dark tablecloth instead of a white one, like a navy blue colored tablecloth...?
Riki.
I happened to have used a pink lace tablecloth that morning. This is different shot of the same take - not a retake. Next time I try to do a breakfast photo I will use my dark blue goblets, silver chargers, and a cream colored tablecloth and monogramed napkins, and my Pfaltzgraff dishes. The fruit was all the color I had that morning.
There will be a next time.......

Riki.
I happened to have used a pink lace tablecloth that morning. This is different shot of the same take - not a retake. Next time I try to do a breakfast photo I will use my dark blue goblets, silver chargers, and a cream colored tablecloth and monogramed napkins, and my Pfaltzgraff dishes. The fruit was all the color I had that morning.
I don't use tablecloths but the photo looked better with something under the plate, rather than having the reflection from the polished wood table in every shot! (I HAVE tablecloths, I just don't use them.) So, think outside the box. You don't have to use something that IS a tablecloth to take the pic. I hate my plates, nothing looks really good on a bluish background, but that's all I have. Even MY dishes are blue & white! I may just buy ONE white plate to use when taking pix!
What color are the Pfaltzgraff dishes? I'm trying to picture this and so far I have the same feeling...all the same color except the cobalt goblets. (And some juices don't look good in blue glasses, keep that in mind.) Silver and cream will look like one solid color.

New one is definitely an improvement. (Although both show off your pretty table!)
=)
Kk.

I vote for the closer up shot. Are you selling the second B as breakfast or table setting? I think breakfast, so showing it up closer is better.
wink_smile.gif

Riki.
I don't use tablecloths but the photo looked better with something under the plate, rather than having the reflection from the polished wood table in every shot! (I HAVE tablecloths, I just don't use them.) So, think outside the box. You don't have to use something that IS a tablecloth to take the pic. I hate my plates, nothing looks really good on a bluish background, but that's all I have. Even MY dishes are blue & white! I may just buy ONE white plate to use when taking pix!
What color are the Pfaltzgraff dishes? I'm trying to picture this and so far I have the same feeling...all the same color except the cobalt goblets. (And some juices don't look good in blue glasses, keep that in mind.) Silver and cream will look like one solid color.
The Yorktown pattern gray with blue design. I am sooooo tired of those dishes. I wish the potter would get the new dishes done, they will be pale gray with a burgundy rim, I told him I need the mugs first. He is so buried with settleing his Mom's estate and closing her house that he has not even started my order. They are in the process of building thier own house and had to move into the pottery because the floor of their temp housing (an old family house) rotted out on them. I have hopes of seeing them (the mugs) before the season ends.......

Your table looks beautiful and I LOVE your china. If money and time permitted, I would change my china every month. Every time I go to an antique store I head straight for the antique china. And every time a new pattern comes out from Villeroy and Boch (or whomever, I just happen to be in love with their French Garden pattern right now) I fall in love with that. I've been able to control my impulses to buy, so far. It is a real weakness. That and flowers for my garden....and chocolate. I definitely give in to the chocolate. A girl has to live!
regular_smile.gif

Back