New Breakfast Photos!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for letting us give feedback. Still being an aspiring, my impressions are really from the outside looking in so I appreciate the opportunity to contribute on something like this.
#2, 4 and 5 are absolutely awesome photos. I do like the first picture but have picky little things about it that I think need fixing and so will leave that out of my comments here. As for the bacon, while I do love the creativity of that photo, particularly that all the pieces are cooking up so perfectly (they look like my kinda bacon!), I'm going to agree with the others that this photo may be wrong for your site. I think a photo of bacon is good, especially since you want to let people know that this is what they can expect to get, but not this particular photo because it does highlight the grease. The maple syrup picture will be worth its weight in gold for you on your website, guaranteed!

Thank you for letting us give feedback. Still being an aspiring, my impressions are really from the outside looking in so I appreciate the opportunity to contribute on something like this.
#2, 4 and 5 are absolutely awesome photos. I do like the first picture but have picky little things about it that I think need fixing and so will leave that out of my comments here. As for the bacon, while I do love the creativity of that photo, particularly that all the pieces are cooking up so perfectly (they look like my kinda bacon!), I'm going to agree with the others that this photo may be wrong for your site. I think a photo of bacon is good, especially since you want to let people know that this is what they can expect to get, but not this particular photo because it does highlight the grease. The maple syrup picture will be worth its weight in gold for you on your website, guaranteed!.
That is definitely the majority opinion and I am going to take it. I'll just make the bacon pic my personal screen saver, it makes me hungry every time I look at it!

#2, 4 and 5 are absolutely awesome photos. I do like the first picture but have picky little things about it that I think need fixing and so will leave that out of my comments here. As for the bacon, while I do love the creativity of that photo, particularly that all the pieces are cooking up so perfectly (they look like my kinda bacon!), I'm going to agree with the others that this photo may be wrong for your site. I think a photo of bacon is good, especially since you want to let people know that this is what they can expect to get, but not this particular photo because it does highlight the grease. The maple syrup picture will be worth its weight in gold for you on your website, guaranteed!.
That is definitely the majority opinion and I am going to take it. I'll just make the bacon pic my personal screen saver, it makes me hungry every time I look at it!
InnsiderInfo said:
Makes me crave a glass of milk!
The image does not need to be so large anyway, it could be used as a smaller file somewhere and not highlight the grease aspect. :)

I like the bacon photo..it is just not my favorite..you maybe could use it smaller size somewhere??? Of put on your blog...something..because it is a neat shot of really nice looking bacon:)

InnsiderInfo said:
Makes me crave a glass of milk!
The image does not need to be so large anyway, it could be used as a smaller file somewhere and not highlight the grease aspect. :)
I didn't see it as grease..I saw it as a sizzling piece of bacon...and I don't even like bacon all that much. The guys on the food network LOVE bacon!!!!

I have looked at these over and over. I love them The only coment I would make is I would have liked the table to be naked as in no place mat. I couldn't put my finger on it until I studied it over and over. I other thing the glasses also add a little clutter. The others are out standing. I would love to see the bacon if I were looking. This is because I love bacon. It would draw me in.
What kind of a camera did he use. Did you take them your selves? Did whoever use extra lighting or just the flash? Did whoever use a tripod? I am asking because this is going to be my new venture. I am buying a new camera ( a really good one) and I want to photograph bed and breakfasts. I am taking classes this fall. Any advice from this board I would love.

Forgot to share, another nifty trick. If you want steam coming out of a mug (when you pour coffee or tea it doesn't steam for very long and you might not get the pic in time), soak two cotton balls in water and put them in the bottom of the mug. Microwave for 1 minute and it will steam for a long time..
Not to be dense but do you pour the coffee on the cotton balls or do they just steam in the pictures with no coffee or tea.

Oh my mouth is watering. I love the second picture and the last one the most. In the first picture I am not into the green thing under that gorgeous plate. You know, I love what is on the plate though.... yummmmmy

I like the bacon photo as well. It makes me start to think of the smell of bacon. The peach garnish on the french toast looks great too. I am curious as well about the cotton balls in a coffee cup. Do you then pour the coffee over the balls as you take the picture?

Forgot to share, another nifty trick. If you want steam coming out of a mug (when you pour coffee or tea it doesn't steam for very long and you might not get the pic in time), soak two cotton balls in water and put them in the bottom of the mug. Microwave for 1 minute and it will steam for a long time..
Not to be dense but do you pour the coffee on the cotton balls or do they just steam in the pictures with no coffee or tea.
sandynn said:
If you just want the steam in the shot you use the cotton balls, you don't actually put any coffee into the cup. This would work if you were shooting at such an angle that you don't see the interior of the mug at all. Lots of people also like the shot of the mug full of coffee, and you can get steam if you take the pic really fast, right after you pour the coffee.

How did you get the bacon so perfect and what brand is it..
sandynn said:
How did you get the bacon so perfect and what brand is it.
Hubs is the best bacon fryer I know! It always comes out nice for him. I think part of it is that he uses the cast iron pan, it gets and stays very uniformly hot. The bacon itselfcomes from a local butcher, it's a medium thickness cut.

Back