New coffee carafe advice needed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anon Inn

Reaction score
I used to put the large communal airpots upstairs for morning coffee. Now each room gets an individual thermal pot. The ones I use are showing their age. I like the way glass liners hold the heat, but haven’t found attractive looking ones. Care to share what you use?

I use Pykal carafes. They are ALL stainless - no glass to break. You DO have to give it a THUMP when closing after pouting. I boil water and pre-heat it before putting the coffee in. It does a decent job keeping the coffee hot. I like the nothing to break aspect. Was not expensive - about $30 on Amazon I think. I have one I keep for tea water as well as the one for coffee.

I like the Swedish company's glass French press, but we ended up buying Secura 1 Liter Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker SFP-34DS - The Secura for ourselves but use it for guests. It's hardy, it's thermal and it's still a French press, so they can ask me to press it, or they can press it themselves. And it goes into the dishwasher. The extra coffee with grounds you can just pour into your garden, when cool enough, of course.

I have two carafes that worked beautifully when I had table service pre-Covid. After several other “affordable” carafes either dripped from the lip when pouring, making a mess, stained the plastic exterior, or just didn’t keep the coffee hot for 3 hours, I invested in these. I suppose if you need many you might be able to get them at a discount but I don’t have a source for that. Here is a link for these classy, top notch carafes.

I have two carafes that worked beautifully....... Here is a link for these classy, top notch carafes.

Those look perfect. My favorite Thermos glass lined has a stained exterior. But then I've had eight or so years of use from it. Time to retire. The chrome on your suggestion looks like it would hold up well.

We used these and found them to be handsome and reliable. They do a great job of keeping the coffee hot. Very pricey, but classic design.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01F8C4Q2M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UAMqFbFW8GF06

WOW, you must be making money hand over fist compared to us. Just did a quick calculator check, would cost me $1422 to use these for each room and cottage....NFW Our stainless steel Sams Club carafes are only $18.98 work fantastic but they don't get much use since we put keurigs in the room but I could replace them every year for the next 8 years and still save money.

We used these and found them to be handsome and reliable. They do a great job of keeping the coffee hot. Very pricey, but classic design.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01F8C4Q2M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UAMqFbFW8GF06

I love this design and kept a similar thermal pot on my wish list for many years. When beginning, my budget was more 'used from the thrift shop', where good Thermos brand carafes could still be had. I haven't found anything decent from that source in a long time! but then, no longer in a major city so pickings much slimmer!

[QUOTE="An Old Tavernkeeper, post: 207485, member: 2846" Push pots in the living room still.
[/QUOTE]

Guests are OK with the communal push pot in the time of COVID?

Back