New Dues Structure for PAII

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
Check out the website

On October 5, 2009, the Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII) announced big changes to their membership model. Under the new membership model, inns can be part of PAII for as low as $89 per year. Rather than having graduating dues based on the size of the B&B, dues will be based on what level of benefits innkeepers would like to enjoy.

“We know that too many innkeepers want access to the networking and information resources in PAII, but cannot always afford it at the $250 level,” says PAII CEO Jay Karen. “We are removing the financial roadblocks to membership and want thousands more to join the ranks of PAII. Between lobbying both Congress to support more tourism efforts and TripAdvisor to make their site better serves the B&B market, as well as publishing the best educational content in our industry, we’re making an impact on the B&B business. There is greater strength with greater numbers, and we are not ashamed to turn our pricing structure on its head to grow this association. We listened to members and former members and decided change was necessary.”

The new model has Silver, Gold and Platinum memberships to fit every innkeeper’s budget. For example, all Gold Level members will have all monthly webinars included in their annual membership dues (if innkeepers can’t attend the live webinar, a recording will be sent to them). Platinum Level members will enjoy exclusive, monthly evening chats on topics of importance, as well as 10% off registration to the Innkeeping Show.

As a special bonus, for a limited time only, to introduce the new model, we’re offering even lower prices! Through November 15th, innkeepers can join PAII for as low as $79. “I think these rates make membership in PAII one of the best values in the B&B industry,” says Karen.

WOW! Should be very interesting to see how this develops. I believe a great attempt to get as many innkeepers on board as possible which will help in legislative efforts down the road. Good luck PAII!

grrrrrrr...I just had to pay my dues online on 10/2 and they didn't give me this option! Now I'm going to have to call them and discuss my membership level. My frustration is not necessarily with PAII, but the fact that it seems that nothing is taken care of with just one contact. I spend half my life following up on people who provide "services".
Back to the OT, I think this will be very good for PAII and our industry. The more members who join, the louder voice PAII can have on our behalf.

I was not offered that option when my renewal came up either. I said BYE TO PAII. They will have to revise more than just the payment structure before I will rejoin. They did NOTHING for me and I paid the full membership, A waste of money in my opinion.

grrrrrrr...I just had to pay my dues online on 10/2 and they didn't give me this option! Now I'm going to have to call them and discuss my membership level. My frustration is not necessarily with PAII, but the fact that it seems that nothing is taken care of with just one contact. I spend half my life following up on people who provide "services".
Back to the OT, I think this will be very good for PAII and our industry. The more members who join, the louder voice PAII can have on our behalf..
PAII site says "*Anyone who was already an active member of PAII on October 5 was automatically upgraded to the Platinum membership for the remainder of your membership."
Hey and see they have paid for an ad here...yeah SWIRT!

I agree with you sweetiepie, we joined PAII when we first bought the Inn and didn't really have any experience, but other than the forum and their magazines it was a waste of almost $300.

I agree with you sweetiepie, we joined PAII when we first bought the Inn and didn't really have any experience, but other than the forum and their magazines it was a waste of almost $300..
birdwatcher said:
I agree with you sweetiepie, we joined PAII when we first bought the Inn and didn't really have any experience, but other than the forum and their magazines it was a waste of almost $300.
Wow. I joined 4 months ago, and after three follow-up phone calls, I still haven't seen a magazine. I was hoping I was the exception, slipping through the cracks, but hearing two different innkeepers say what I was feeling (exactly *what* am I getting for my money?) isn't very reassuring.

Back